Lori Holt's Sew Your Scraps Series - #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lori Holt's Sew Your Scraps Series - #2

Well finally got back to the Star quilt sample I posted on 12/31(Lori Holt design - but I started with a six inch square in the middle so I could use up 5" precuts for the points). It's still on my design floor, but I am hoping to get it quilted this morning. Turned out to be a really nice lap throw size. Squared the blocks to 17.5" / Border is now 6" but will trim it for squaring after quilting. The border is not pieced, that is a fabric that was variegated. Best thing about it, it was all from my stash and leftover charms!

LH Star.jpg
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Great job.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oooo, I saw this on another thread, and it’s beautiful! 🧵
      💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

That is really awesome...and the border is perfect.

Comment

I like it! This one's on my bucket list.

Comment

I love all the colors. Thanks for sharing.
            Carlie

Comment

That's so cute!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I like it, your border fabric is awesome

Comment

Love it! I’m making those stars, too. Your border fabric is great!! What a nice throw.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Came out fantastic! Love the colors!!

Comment

Beautiful! That border fabric fits perfectly with it. Thanks again for showing us this block!
                      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Really nice. I began contemplating doing the same but with all green scraps. I'm wondering if that would look ok.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Variegated border looks great.

Comment

Really pretty! Love the colors and border fabric is cool! Great job!
                            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                              Really nice. I began contemplating doing the same but with all green scraps. I'm wondering if that would look ok.
                              Green is my favorite color. Why not give it a go? It really is a fun pattern.
                              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X