Forum Newbie--Christmas Throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Newbie--Christmas Throw

Here's pic of a Christmas throw I made this year. Went together really quick, I started the Tuesday before Christmas and had it done that Thursday. I was determined I was not going to let that Moda layer cake just sit in the drawer until next year. I do okay with piecing the top, but my machine quilting needs a lot of work.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Forum Newbie--Christmas Throw

Good job! Don't worry about your machine quilting - just keep practicing and making things and you'll be amazed at your progress.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hi,
      Very pretty! I am in the same boat that you are, the tops go together great, but then the sandwiching makes me want to throw up my hands and quit.

Comment

Exactly, I've even mastered binding thanks to the MSQC tutorial. I only do straight line quilting right now. I do not want to "mess" up a quilt with my first stippling. I have some scrappy blocks that I'm going to make into a "car" quilt. I plan on stippling that one--I'm sure it will look just awful. I'm too afraid to do it on my good fabrics.
        Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Looks great! One of my New Year's resolutions is to work on machine quilting - wish me luck!!

Comment

Im right there with you as well. I feel comfortable piecing together now but machine quilting is scarryy : )

your quilt is fantastic too!

Comment

My hat is off to all of you ladies. I am "afraid" to even try free hand quilting.

Comment

Good Job! love that you got the christmas throw done at christmas time!! yipppppeeeeee!!
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

beautiful! nice job
                  Patrice

Comment

I like your throw, too and glad you got it done for Christmas. Just keep on, keep on and it will come. I'm still practicing too! It is so much fun! Make some mug rugs and hot pads to practice on. That's what I'm doing.
                    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I've only ever done straight line quilting on my machine too. I'm determined not to be so scared and give it a go this year.

Your throw is lovely. That pattern really sets off the fabrics well. Fantastic work x
                      Quilting through the dull times
                      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I was determined to try free motion, so I whipped up things like blankets for my dogs bed, and runners I wouldn't dream of giving to anyone and can only tolerate on my table because I know no one but me looks closely at them :-). Practice practice practice. Hopefully you're like me and find the practice fun - I love doing free motion on smaller items, like runners.
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                          I've only ever done straight line quilting on my machine too. I'm determined not to be so scared and give it a go this year.

Your throw is lovely. That pattern really sets off the fabrics well. Fantastic work x
                          jr, your quilting so so lovely. Any tips?

Comment

Beautiful quilt, I love the colors you used.

Comment

Beautiful throw, and you were able to start and finish it so close to Christmas!
                              Great job and thanks for sharing with us!
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X