Sharing my quilts - celebrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my quilts - celebrations

Good morning ( at least it is still morning here) Today I decided to share some of the quilts I have made for family and friends to celebrate important days in their lives. I will start with my favorite gift for graduates - quillows. You know, those blankets with small squares attached that can be folded up into pillows. In my case, one side is usually cozy polar fleece. Somewhere along the line (probably because I was short on fabric, to be truthful) I discovered that it is pretty easy to make that pillow piece a patchwork square, which can be personalized to the graduate. try again (2).jpg
    Another occasion that seems to call for a quilt is a wedding. I have made several over the years that are signature quilts, sending out freezer paper backed squares to be signed, then completing a quilt with them. The first picture I am sharing is my son's, and it's a terrible picture of a beautiful quilt, hand appliqued and hand quilted, but I am sharing it because I wanted to include the quilts that I made with the corner squares. Yes, they are made with the flipped corner method, and the cheapskate in me felt obliged to sew a second seam and save all those little triangle square corners. I made two little quilts with them - one small one to keep, and a bigger one which we used as a prize for the couple's roping at the combination team roping and barbeque that we held to celebrate their marriage.

D&B quilt 2006.jpg IMG_1279[2897].jpg
    Here are a couple more signature quilts I made.
    Mitch and Acees 2009.JPG levi 3.jpg
    And some I made for other couples over the years.
    Elenas Quilt 2006.jpg IMG_0208.jpg Ethan and Emily.jpg IMG_0861.JPG
    I make lots of baby quilts, too, of course. Only room for one more picture today, so I'll end with this one. See you all tomorrow. Kathleen

IMG_1937.JPG
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Great show!! Wow your signature quilts are stunning!!

Comment

They are all beautiful. I love the pockets you made for the quill owls.
      Carlie

Comment

Too many beautiful ones to pick a favorite! All are spectacular!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I have to say some of your quilts I"m really drooling over but the lovely "stained glass" lady is gorgeous!!!

Comment

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Too many beauties today to pick a favorite from. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how you have made so many quilts. You must be 200 years old!!! 😉 Thanks so much for giving us a peek at your quilts.

Comment

Ha ha! No, but I’ve spent a lot of my time living in remote locations, so had lots of time to make quilts.
                sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Really beautiful,work! I love tour signature quilts. I wanted to make one for our family reunion to be raffled but illnesses prevented the gathering, I still might do it just in case one is ever rescheduled one day..we can only hope..
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Love your quilts!! You are very talented. The last one is a cutie!
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Amazing group of quilts! I love the cowboy prints you found to use as focus fabrics. These are not easy to find today. I love the log cabin with stars. They are all amazing!

Comment

WOW another wonderful 'showing'. They are all beautiful.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

animated-sewing-machine-image-0003.gif Gorgeous quilts, truly enjoyed looking at every one of them. The stained glass lady is incredible .

Comment

Lovely quilts! I recognize the fabric in the last pic. I used the same fabric in a baby quilt; they wanted a western theme.

Comment

Those are such treasured quilts and designs. Love the baby quilt with those little cuties!

Comment

Working...
                              X