Polka Dots and Spots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polka Dots and Spots...

here is the quilt that I'm working on....all charm pack blocks...

Polka Dots and Spots by mp3t | Michele, on Flickr
    Michele

Re: Polka Dots and Spots...

Oh Michele, I LOVE this! Did you applique all those spots? Did you fuse them? I wanna put this at the top of my list of "to do next" How many charm packs did you use? What size is it? Sorry...guess I sound
    a little . I do love it!
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

all these questions Plix, I want the anweres too ! What a great design. did you use a ruler for the circles? (there's another question...)
      I really love it !
      Lenie

Comment

just beautiful!
        Patrice

Comment

Oh, Michele! I am interested in the answers to all of the questions above too! I have been wanting to do a quilt like this for our oldest DD. I have Freebird charms just waiting on me to get started, but I didn't know how it would look just using charms and here you are with this great quilt and pics to give me the inspiration I needed and wanted!
          Thanks so much for sharing.
          Lola
          :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

LOVE it Shell!! It's wonderful!! I love the happy bright colors!!

Comment

What a wonderful job you did! Count me among those waiting to hear more!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Please tell us more! We are all so intrigued by this quilt top! I am intimidated by the dots, but very curious!Suzy Que

Comment

Thanks everyone....I feel like I"m actually accomplishing something. The picture is just the blocks on my board and I"m now working on putting the rows together.

Need:
                  1 40pc charm pack of MODA Summer in the City (any approx 40 pc charm pack will do)
                  80 charm squares of white
                  EK Success Circle Cut ruler and small rotary cutter

I cut the 3" circle out of the center of each of the pattern (or non white) charm squares using the circle cut ruler. I would suggest you use the smaller 2" circle so that you have more room on your seams.

Layer each circle you just cut over a white square. Then layer each charm with a center cut out of it over a white charm. This way there is no waste and you are only making 1 cut for every 2 blocks.

Pin in place and using a 1/4" seam go around the inside of each spot and the outside of each missing spot. This leaves you with a raw edge applique on each block. It goes really fast once you get started.

I think that for the minimal amount of effort that you need for this quilt, you get maximum impact. I plan on doing this again with different charm packs as different color ways will give different feels to the quilt.
                  Michele

Comment

Beautiful!!!
                    Circles are very intimidating for me. Maybe after a little more experience I will try this pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterof63 View Post
                      Beautiful!!!
                      Circles are very intimidating for me. Maybe after a little more experience I will try this pattern.
                      Don't let them intimidate you!! This is the first time I've worked with circles...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
                      Michele

Comment

That quilt looks like it was fun to make. Aren't you thrilled with charm squares ?
                        Your quilt is very pretty !

Comment

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished. Are you putting any borders on?
                          Quilting through the dull times
                          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                            Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished. Are you putting any borders on?
                            Well I finished putting all the blocks together last night...I haven't decided if I want to put a border on it or not...I may have to just see if there is anything that pops out at me from my stash that would work for a border..if not then I'll just back it, quilt it, and bind it as is.
                            Michele

Comment

Thank you! I'm gonna try it right away. I would love to see pics when you're finished!

I wonder what a scalloped edge would look like...that's another thing I would like to tackle
                              but I'm a little intimidated by.
                              If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X