Thanks for help picking binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for help picking binding

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of this quilt with possible binding colors, asking for your thoughts. I had planned on green to match the backing but was auditioning yellow, blue or white. Green and yellow were your popular choices. I considered the white but realized since I didn’t have any more of white in quilt, that the whites I did have weren’t white enough. The suggestion to piece a multi colored binding was appreciated but for some reason the thought overwhelmed me. So... I decided on yellow, bought fabric, sewed on the binding but before I had sewed it I decided I didn’t like it enough for me. It would have been fine if I was giving it away. So I unsewed it and went with the original green. And to the person who suggested blue, I love blue too and it appears in lots of my quilts.
    so thanks for your help. You quilters are great. And included a picture of the label since I’ve enjoyed seeing everyone’s quilts and their stories.
    Attached Files

Green was the perfect choice, it is beautiful.

Comment

It looks very good. Pretty quilt!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Looks perfect
        Carlie

Comment

OH I think the green really "did" it for that quilt. love it.

Comment

The green is a perfect finish to a great quilt.

Comment

Loved your quilt label. This is such a great tribute to your mom and a wonderful history for this wall hanging. My DH is my go to person when I have a hard time deciding which color to pick. Funny, on my latest quilt he picked green for me when I gave him my 3 choices to choose from for the binding.
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

It came out beautiful. Its a wonderful memory.

Comment

Beautiful memory. My mom is also a non quilter but has joined me on many quilting adventures.

Comment

I think the green was perfect for the binding. Thanks so much for showing us the finished quilt & I love the label with the history of the quilt.

Comment

Love the green and the label. It makes such a stunning quilt even more special. Great choice!
                      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

The green binding & the label are a perfect finish!

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                          Loved your quilt label. This is such a great tribute to your mom and a wonderful history for this wall hanging. My DH is my go to person when I have a hard time deciding which color to pick. Funny, on my latest quilt he picked green for me when I gave him my 3 choices to choose from for the binding.
                          Whenever I ask my DH for an opinion on anything, his response is, "It's up to you." You are lucky, Granny Fran.

Comment

Your quilt turned out perfect! A lovely tribute to your mother.....such a sweet label!
                            💫 Star lover

Comment

Working...
                            X