Sharing My Quilts Day 1 - pcbatiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts Day 1 - pcbatiks

Hi everyone, Hurricane Laura interrupted my week the first time so I will try again.

The two quilts I'm showing today were made for our son & his girlfriend. For our son I made a zombie quilt because he likes zombie movies. The name of it is Spiral Bound Zombies. Here's the link to the original post with more info & detail pictures about this quilt. https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...-bound-zombies
    I think this is one of my favorites!

P1012230.JPG

I made a colorwash quilt out of batiks for our son's girlfriend in her favorite colors. I really enjoyed working on this one but it was lots of rectangles to cut.
    Here's the link to the original post with details & more pictures of this one. https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...lt-is-finished

This quilt was hard to give away but I did because we love her!

P1013866.JPG

Attached Files
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Wow they are both so beautiful. I would want to keep the color wash too! I was watching Leah Day make a spiral and she mentioned what you said. that's why I'm afraid to sit down to mine. lol I think I decided on one inch apart. How far apart are yours so I can get a mental picture.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Both are beautiful Patrice. Great job.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Both are very, very pretty! I especially love the colorwash quilt. That surely took a lot of work!
        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Very nice. Isn't the quilt pattern cool on the zombie quilt. I like it.

Sandy

Comment

Oh I love them both. Especially the circular stitching on the first one. They are great!!

Comment

What wonderful beauties you are sharing with us today. That circular quilting on the zombie quilt is awesome. I love, love the colorwash quilt & it would have been difficult for me to part with it also. I'm sure she will cherish it forever. I look forward to seeing more special, beautiful quilts from you this week. Thank you so much for participating in this ongoing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Wow they are both so beautiful. I would want to keep the color wash too! I was watching Leah Day make a spiral and she mentioned what you said. that's why I'm afraid to sit down to mine. lol I think I decided on one inch apart. How far apart are yours so I can get a mental picture.
                Hi Lorie, the spiral lines were about 5/8”ish apart.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I love both quilts, especially like the zombie quilt. Your fabrics work so well together and the orange background makes everything pop! Two great quilts, Pam.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for the show today. The zombies quilt looks so fun with the quilting and the blocks. The color-wash quilt glows with happiness. I'm sure she loves it.

Glad you made it through all those storms and could start your quilt show.

Comment

Simply amazing, especially the colorwash. To be honest, batiks kind of scare me because I think it would be so easy to overdo it, but this is bright, cheery, and yet somewhat restrained.

Rob
                      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

Love love the zombie quilt but the colorwash quilt is so beautiful!! Gina

Comment

Gorgeous work!! Thanks for sharing...
                          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Love them!!! Great sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post

Hi Lorie, the spiral lines were about 5/8”ish apart.
                              Thank You!
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X