Sharing My Quilts - Day 7 (Thursday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 7 (Thursday)

Doll quilts will be the featured quilts for today. Back in 2011 I started making doll quilts for an online blogger whose husband is a master woodworker. He belonged to a woodworker guild & they made toys for abused & needy children at Christmas. They started making doll beds, cradles & strollers & he asked his wife (a quilter) if she could make some doll quilts for the girls toys. So she got word out on her blog & I started helping her with doll quilts. The project lasted for 4 years & then the guild shut down (I can't remember exactly why). Hundreds of quilts were made over those years for the children. I only have a few pictures of some of the many that I made but I wanted to share them with you today.

Today is my last day of sharing & I hope you've enjoyed the show of my projects. It's been a joy to be able to share a few things that I have made over the years & I look forward to seeing more quilts from more of our members as the weeks go by.

Thank you to everyone who viewed & gave me such kind comments on my quilts. It's so nice to have warm replies & encouraging words. I appreciate each & every one of you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by osewme; November 5, 2020, 12:12 PM.

What wonderful quilts for such an awesome cause. Think about all the joy those quilts brought. Thanks for sharing these special little quilts
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

These are so sweet. I like the idea of doll quilts, inspiring little ones to love quilts. The one with the birds at the feeder is beautiful , and talks to me. Thank you for such lovely pictures this week animated-thank-you-image-0096.gif

Comment

What an amazing thing to make for children that will probably was remembered forever. Thanks for sharing your quilts and the stories of the awesome things you have done.

Comment

Thank you for taking the week to share your quilts with us. These little quilts surely delighted the little ones that received them. One of my Great GD's loved selecting fabric for me to make her Barbie doll quilts.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

You've shown a lot of beautiful work these past days--- thanks for sharing!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

What a lovely idea. I did make a doll quilt for my youngest granddaughter in the same fabrics and pattern as the quilt I gave her. I used the Disney Princess fabrics for that one. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful quilts!
              Carlie

Comment

Wonderful quilts all week. Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I have enjoyed seeing all your wonderful quilts.

Comment

Each one is cuter than the next. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilts this week.

Comment

Thank you for a wonderful week. It's so nice to see a glimpse of each quilter's journey. The doll quilts are adorable and such a great idea. I'm sure each one was treasured for a long time and kept many dolls warm with a hug.

Thank you!

Comment

And last but not least...love the doll quilts, the birds/birdfeeder is really nice. Great showing this week! Gina

Comment

Thank you for a week of beautiful projects!!
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                            Thank you for taking the week to share your quilts with us. These little quilts surely delighted the little ones that received them. One of my Great GD's loved selecting fabric for me to make her Barbie doll quilts.
                            Ive been making barbie ones ...so fun!!

Comment

Thanks for the show!! I've made doll quilts too. The one I made for youngest and hand quilted it..my granddaughter swipped it. I love that it got passed around. So special! I can't wait for my grands yo hive things like this!!

Comment

Working...
                              X