Sharing My Quilts - Day 6 (Wednesday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 6 (Wednesday)

I do not have many pictures of the quilts I've made in the past. Many I never took pictures of & some were lost in my computer when it crashed several years ago. Today I will be showing a few sewing/craft items that I've made over the years for myself & friends. Most of these have been small Christmas gifts that given away to friends & loved ones.

This first one is a bag (sort of a messenger bag) that my daughter wanted. She selected all the fabrics (very eclectic) & used it for years until it virtually fell apart.

The next is a tote that attached to a walker. It was for the parents of a co-worker of mine who needed a walker for assistance. I used a pair of denim jeans for the body of the tote & put a pocket on the tote from the pocket on the jeans.

Here is a little garden mug rug that I sewed up for a dear friend of mine. Mug rugs are such a good way to do some practice work on small pieces. This was raw edge appliqued with a bit of embroidery.

I made a quilted scarf for each of the gals in the office one year. One lady (who always thinks out of the box) immediately said, "Oh, it's a beautiful table runner!" when she saw hers. Well, how's that for dual use?

I loved making these little alphabet letters for a friend's new baby.

Here's another one of the baby's puzzle balls. Even though these are a bit challenging to make, they can also be addicting.

I love making rope bowls. They are useful & also an easy way to reduce your scrap pile or ugly fabrics. You can see here how the bowl looks nothing like the fabric it started out with.

Burp cloths are always a great gift for new moms. I make them with "real" cloth diapers & dress them up with a cute flannel on one side. These were some for a friends baby boy.

This is all in the show today. Hope you have a good day & have enjoyed today's show. Tomorrow will be my last day of show.

Attached Files
    Last edited by osewme; November 4, 2020, 10:05 AM.

What a nice assortment of things. I like the Kermit fabric.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

All of these projects are really nice. Made with love. But I think the scarf had the best response. You did good. Gina

Comment

Love today's assortment wow, the bowl does look completely different than the fabric, love it!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I think the puzzle balls are great. Ill have to Google to see if I could tackle. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
            I think the puzzle balls are great. Ill have to Google to see if I could tackle. Thx
            Here are some great tutorials that show you how to make the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...MontessoriBall

Comment

Wonderful items today!! I absolutely love your bowl. Thanks!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love them all. I'm going to try the ball too.

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                  Love them all. I'm going to try the ball too.
                  The link I posted above even has some directions for a crochet grab ball. Can't wait to see what you make.

Comment

Creative and clever projects. The baby gifts and the ball look so fun! Thanks for the inspiration today!

Comment

Working...
                    X