Sharing My Quilts - Day 5 (Tuesday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 5 (Tuesday)

Today are baby quilts. These were all gifts & one of my favorite types of quilts to make.
    This first one was from a Peanuts Gang fabric that I think was intended for a soft book. I cut it up & made
    a quilt for it as the mom's theme for the baby was Peanuts. The alternating blues squares are minky & the back
    is minky. The father didn't want to use it but wanted to hang it on the wall instead. Not sure if they ever used
    it for the baby as shortly after making the quilt I retired & sort of lost touch with her & the family.
    This was a fun quilt to make. The baby's father LOVES fish of all kinds so I made this special for him & baby.
    The fish are appliqued on & the pattern did not call for "bubbles" but I inserted them in the quilt. I made a baby
    grab ball also.
    This quilt was for my former employer's grandchild. It was a kit & fun to make those prarie points around
    the edge.

Hope you enjoy seeing what I have made for friends.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by osewme; November 3, 2020, 10:06 AM.

Oh those are great!! and yes, fish need bubbles. How in the world could they forget that?

Comment

Lovely quilts. The baby grab ball really 'grabbed' my attention. Looks like it was challenging to make.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

So cute! Any baby or child would love these! Thank you for sharing with us again today.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

All so cute!!
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Very pretty and cheerful for a baby, great job!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

So cute & different. You rock! Gina

Comment

The Peanuts is my favorite, but everything is nice!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

I am in love with the fishy one!

Comment

Isn't it disappointing when recipients won't use our quilts. Its so hard to convince people that th joy of quilting is in the use of our love and efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                      Lovely quilts. The baby grab ball really 'grabbed' my attention. Looks like it was challenging to make.
                      I'm not sure which web link I used to make the ball but I would say the most challenging part of it was sewing it all together after I stuffed each section. Had to make sure all the "print" fabric was facing out & such. I loved how it turned out in the final end & made a second one some time later. Maybe I'll show the second one on a later day.

Comment

These are soooo sweet. I love the peanuts quilt best, being such a Snoopy fan =) snoopy 7.jpg

Comment

Those are really cute! I love the fish quilt!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Love them all. The Peanuts one is my favorite I think but the fish with the bubbles is wonderful too. The bubbles made it perfect.
                            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

The fish quilt!!!! I love it! All of your quilts today are fabulous!
                              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Working...
                              X