Making some Christmas gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making some Christmas gifts

Started on a few gifts for Christmas. Each year I make some ornaments for my children's trees. This 3-D lace butterfly is from Urban threads. They liked them on my tree so this year they will get some. IMG_20201103_101121.jpg
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

That's cool. I mean really, really cool!! How did you make it? It is really pretty and would look great on a Christmas tree.

Comment

It's a free standing lace design for machine embroidery.

Comment

That's so pretty! I love their lace designs. I gave my embroidery machine to my dd to use as a regular sewing machine. Now I want to use it. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

So beautiful. The corsage boxes worked out for you! Did you have to make the smaller size butterfly? Perfect gifts.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
            So beautiful. The corsage boxes worked out for you! Did you have to make the smaller size butterfly? Perfect gifts.
            Barb, they were perfect, thank you! No, this is the full size butterfly. Will tie the box with a pretty red ribbon when I gift them.

Comment

Cathy, WOW! Those are beautiful! You don't have to put a ribbon on mine, lol. Gina

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous! Would also make lovely reminders for grieving people. I know many who consider the butterfly a symbol for loss. They will be beautiful on a Christmas tree! So nice!

Comment

That's beautiful. I know nothing about embroidery machines & had not idea something like this could be made on them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The butterfly in all white is beautiful! You reminded me that I bought some FSL butterfly patterns a long time ago. I never used them. It might be something I could do for a friend that I send a box of Christmas presents to each year.
                    Did you sew the wings on or are they glued? When I made FSL roses, sewing each petal on was the hardest part.
                    ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                      The butterfly in all white is beautiful! You reminded me that I bought some FSL butterfly patterns a long time ago. I never used them. It might be something I could do for a friend that I send a box of Christmas presents to each year.
                      Did you sew the wings on or are they glued? When I made FSL roses, sewing each petal on was the hardest part.
                      I used my sewing machine to sew them together, laid them one on top of the other and stitched around the butterfly body. Very easy and the stitching in hidden in the satin stitch in the lace.

Comment

That is amazing!
                        Katrina
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful butterfly. Thanks for the inspiration. I love making FSL projects.

Comment

Ok, my embroidery machine needs a work out. I need to buy disks ..there sre so many it's hard to chose!! Love these!!

Comment

Working...
                            X