Quilt from Old Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt from Old Jeans

Hi! I'm new here so I haven't shared any quilts yet. I have made a total of 5 so far since I started quilting in April. This one is the one I am most proud of so far. It's a denim quilt made of 10 pairs of old jeans, one of my husband's old shirts and a bit of scrappy binding. The pattern is from Patchwork and Poodles and I wrote a long blog about it here too if you are interested. The back is totally just scrappy, using a bunch of leftovers no pattern or really any rhyme or reason either!

Not sure if I've inserted the photos properly but hopefully you can see them!

diy denim quilt from old jeans (2).jpg improv denim quilt back.jpg
    Attached Files

Beautiful quilt. I love the various shades and the pattern you chose.. I keep holding on to my old jeans, maybe this winter will be the time to cut them up.

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Great job! I like using up old jeans and have made 3, and one started.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Great work. I'd love to do a Jean quilt sometime. Maybe ill Start watching watch yard sales for old jeans.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Alabama! Your quilts are so nice I can't believe you have only been quilting since April ! I have a jean quilt pieced and I haven't gotten back to quilting it. People tell me that jean quilts are their favorite quilts. Very nice job and welcome again !

Comment

Your quilt is quite beautiful. I like the way it seems to move because of the various shades.
            Carlie

Comment

You did a great job putting it together. Denim isn’t the easiest fabric to work with.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have to tell you that is the nicest jean quilt I have ever seen!! I always admire people who make jean quilts because handling the jeans is more difficult than regular quilters cotton. And the skills you have acquired as a new quilter are quite amazing.

Comment

That is one of the nicest jean quilts I've seen, great job!

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Very nice, and welcome to the Forum from Wisconsin! I can't believe you have already made five quilts in less than a year. You are so fast. You will love the forum and make lots of new friends.

Comment

Fantastic quilt! Bravo for tackling this medium for a fairly new quilter. I’ve been quilting since 2016 and I haven’t attempted a denim quilt, yet. And, a scrappy back? Holy moly... just think of what you’ll be accomplishing in another year. Phew! Well done!
                      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Kristen, That is gorgeous! And welcome to the forum from Georgia. Gina

Comment

Fantastic quilt & I can't wait to see what comes next. Looks like you've skipped the "beginner" stage of quilting & jumped right in to "intermediate". You are on a terrific start & are having fun too. I checked out your blog & looks like you are a great teacher also.

Comment

I love your quilt, a great job with a fabric that is quite difficult to sew and the back is fantastic, you are a great quilter, congratulations and welcome to the forum from the Basque Country

Comment

It's a beauty, that's for sure!
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X