Remembering my Scotties ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering my Scotties ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I was Mom to a succession of six wonderful Scottie dogs for over 45 years. The Girls were Brandy Sue, Chloe Ann, Miss Molly, Sweet Olive and Miss Dottie Biscotti. My only male was a rescue, Bogey. He was blind but a stout Scottie in all other ways. He didn’t let anyone push him around. He reigned over his domain from a beanbag chair that I dragged all over the house so he could be with me. All six have crossed Rainbow Bridge, with Dottie the last one in January. 2020. She was the one who took my heart with her when she left. I still had Miss Molly when I joined the forum. Dottie and Olive were raised here and were mascots of sorts.

I started making a small Scottie quilt in 1998 and was unhappy with it so I ripped off the border and it went into the UFO in. In 2010 I found the perfect border fabric that made my heart sing. It even inspired me to fancy up the blocks and do some embellishing. The names were done with small alphabet beads. The tutus on the girls crack me up. This hangs in my laundry room, where I get to enjoy it almost every day. I realize it’s rather corny but it means a lot to me.

Thank you for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; November 3, 2020, 02:57 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Love it! I've had a dog quilt in progress for years. Love what you did!!

Comment

Corny? How can something so beautiful and made with such sentiment be corny? I love it!
      Carlie

Comment

Not corny at all. It looks like a poppy border. Poppies represent remembering. So in my opinion it is perfect . I have had wonderful dogs pass on, and they are very much missed. While sorrow eases , I don't find the missing them eases any at all. I think making something that special shows a great appreciation of life.

Comment

Barb your quilt is beautiful and all those accessories that were sewn with so much love, we will never forget our beloved pets that have left but we have so many wonderful memories that are not forgotten, thank you for showing us that great treasure

Comment

OH that is lovely. I love my girls (all cats) and hate to think of life without them. We are their guardians while they are here, so love them a ton. They deserve it. 🐕
            004.JPG
            Last edited by nativetexan; November 2, 2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

The Scottie dog trim that I used on several blocks was sent to me by a dear forum friend, Carol (Sewbizzy).
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by minipinlady View Post
                Not corny at all. It looks like a poppy border. Poppies represent remembering. So in my opinion it is perfect . I have had wonderful dogs pass on, and they are very much missed. While sorrow eases , I don't find the missing them eases any at all. I think making something that special shows a great appreciation of life.
                I echo minipinlady. Too many animals suffer from not having some real human loving them. Your generosity and caring for so many should be applauded.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Barb, I know how much you love your dogs. It is a beautiful tribute.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Your quilt is wonderful. Once owned by a Scottie forever owned by them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What a lovely remembrance quilt for you to enjoy!!!

Comment

Its not corny at all. I think of my pets as family.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful Barb, and a wonderful keepsake of your Scotties. Pets love us unconditionally, that's why they are family.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

What a lovely way to remember your furbabies!
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Barb,

Love this I thought about doing something like that for Droopy (actually, having Cheryl do it since I hadn't started quilting yet) but it never got off the ground. What a wonderful tribute!

Rob
                              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                              --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X