Sharing My Quilts - Day 4 (Monday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 4 (Monday)

Today I wanted to share some quilts that I have made for past co-workers and their families.

This first quilt was for a man who had worked for the company longer than anyone else. Shortly before he retired his wife took up quilting. This is the first & only rag quilt I ever made. The final result was a pretty heavy quilt.

The second quilt is for a sweet, sweet young lady who helped me in so many ways learn about computers when our office first started using them. She was my life saver when it came to computer knowledge & kept me out of so many jams that could have had terrible results had it not been for her. This quilt was made in 2004 for her first baby boy & it's a strippy quilt.

This next quilt if or a son of the vice president of the company I worked for. His wife is the one who got me started in machine quilting back in 2001. This quilt is for their son as a wedding gift. I made it from a quilt that I purchased from a LQS. The picture is of them in their home with the quilt.

Another wedding quilt for a co-worker's daughter. She LOVES bright colors so I made this one as bright as I could and she was so happy with it.

Click on the links to see the quilts in PDF format.
    I hope y'all have a great Monday & I'll show more tomorrow.

Attached Files
    Last edited by osewme; November 2, 2020, 09:06 AM.

Love them all. The last one is certainly very cheerful and bright.
    Carlie

Comment

I also love them all. I especially like the wedding quilt and the happy faces! Another great day...thank you!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        I also love them all. I especially like the wedding quilt and the happy faces! Another great day...thank you!
        I got the sweetest hand written thank you card from him! They are such a wonderful, caring & happy couple.

Comment

Very nice work. I like the two tone rag quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by srgreene View Post
            Very nice work. I like the two tone rag quilt.
            Thanks...I wanted something sort of "manly" for him & pretty generic. The back is the same fabric as the light colors on the front.

Comment

These are beautiful. I especially love the wedding quilt.

Comment

Each quilt is so different but awesome. Haven't done a rag quilt yet but it's in the queue. Gina

Comment

Beautiful quilts. I love the last one. The colors are cheerful and look so happy. Thanks for the show and the quilt stories today.

Comment

Awesome and beautiful.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful work!! Great job!!

Comment

Great jobs and wonderful gifts that were received with love and admiration

Comment

Your quilts are beautiful.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Sorry I missed the show yesterday, but I love these, especially the second one. They were some lucky people to get these from you!

Rob
                            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                            --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                            X