Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for Christmas

Hello everyone,
    my eldest niece told me recently that she loves her Fancy Forest Quilt but now she is 13 and it’s time for a quilt without animals. She chose some lovely pastels and I made a posh petal quilt for her. It has been one of my goals for this year to use some of the rulers I purchased and never used, in this case the Quick Curve Ruler. All these curves has been very time consuming but I think it was worth it.
    Her younger sister still loves animal quilt so I made Lloyd and Lola quilt designed by Elizabeth Hartman. She required green colors and I love the Lamas. They are a fast to make pattern, on the contrary to her other patterns.
    Stay safe everyone!
    uli
    Attached Files
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

They are both gorgeous quilts. I'm sure they will be loved.

Comment

wow, gorgeous !

Comment

Those two quilts are fantastic & your quilting on both is awesome. Your nieces are going to love those. You are such a sweet aunt to make their quilts for Christmas.

Comment

They are both gorgeous!

Comment

Both are beyond awesome!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Your work is always amazing!! Thank you for sharing them with us. I love llamas, too.
              Last edited by Bubby; November 2, 2020, 03:44 AM.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Amazing! Love them both.

Comment

The llamas are so cute! There is a couple from our church who raise alpacas. The petal quilt glows. The curved quilting is fantastic. I still haven't made good use of my curved rulers. I use the straight one frequently, esp. for SITD along the borders.

Comment

I love them both. Beautiful!! i have the quick curve rulers. the small and larger one. i thought i had given the larger one away and was pleasantly surprised to find i had not!

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                      I love them both. Beautiful!! i have the quick curve rulers. the small and larger one. i thought i had given the larger one away and was pleasantly surprised to find i had not!
                      thank you so much! All Sew Kind Of wonderful rulers are amazing, though I have an issue with all the waste I am producing while I am cutting the curves. In this case I saved 2” squares from each leftover and pieced them in two and later in fourpatches using them as leaders and enders. I haven’t done anything with this blocks until now but some day they will be a nice table runner or baby quilt 😊
                      Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

I love them both! Your quilting is fantastic!
                        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I made some wedding ring blocks with the ruler and found myself cutting them differently after awhile, so got confused. my old way saved fabric! it is hard not to do that when possible. so the pattern cutting directions could have been better.

Comment

The lama quilt is great. I wished I could do that kind of quilting.

Comment

Working...
                            X