Sharing My Quilts - Day 3 (Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 3 (Sunday)

I will show some odds & ends that I’ve made over the years. I love making small things for practice & to give when time is limited or I just need a small gift instead of a large quilt.

The first is a Christmas wall hanging that I gave to our Pastor & wife a few years ago. He liked it so much that it hangs year round in his home office. I liked it so much that I made one for me too.

Paper Pieced Christmas Tree 003.JPG
    This next is a quilted jacket that I made for myself. Even though I made this in Christmas colors I start wearing it in early December & continue through the middle of January. I love it so much. One day I want to make one that is not seasonal. I have to have pockets in things I wear so I put some on the inside of the jacket. They are just square pockets on each side.
    Quilted Jacket.JPG
    Here’s a little place mat that I made because I wanted to try my hand at quilt as you go. I used Leah Day’s method here & it was easy to make. I’ve got a Cal. King quilt in the making right now & will probably use the QAYG method to finish it. It may not have batting inside as it's going to be awfully large & I think too heavy with batting.
    QAYG Front.JPG
    These are a set of hexagon coasters that I made for a friend who absolutely loves Tweety Bird. These were fun to make & she was really surprised to get them “just because” (for no special reason). Those are the best kinds of gifts, don’t you think?
    Hexagon Coasters 005.JPG
    The last picture today is of a duffle bag that I made for a graduation gift. I did so much research on this bag for what seemed like years because I had never made anything like this before. I loved the finished product & even though I wanted to keep it for myself, I sent it to the graduate & she loved it. If you look closely to the left of the bag you can see a chapstick holder that I made & attached. That was a little added bonus to the bag. Everything about this bag was a first for me.
    Noodlehead Cargo Duffle Bag - Front.JPG
    I'm slowly learning about posting pictures & such during this time.
    Hope you enjoy the show today & I’ll be back tomorrow with a few more quilts that I've made for past co-workers to share with you.
    Last edited by osewme; November 1, 2020, 01:34 AM.

Does your jacket have an inner layer? Your duffel bag would be right at home in any high end store! Great job!!
    Kathryn
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

What great items you've gifted with a generous heart. I treasure handmade gifts.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Those are awesome.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful gift items today. I just love the little jacket. It would be perfect in any color. Thank you for sharing today.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Those Tweety bird coasters are adorable. And that duffel bag is amazing. I am sure it gets a lot of use. Was the Christmas tree wallhanging a paper piecing project? Glad you made one for yourself too. Thanks for sharing.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

What lovely "just because" gifts. I love Tweety Bird as well so I just love the coasters. That bag is just inspiring me to try my hand at that. It looks like one you would buy at a store.
              Carlie

Comment

Oh, my, that duffle bag is beautiful! You did such a great job on it!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind compliments on the quilts & projects that I am sharing this week.

For those interested in the Duffle Bag there is a free download on the Robert Kaufman site. Here's a link to the download:
                  https://www.robertkaufman.com/assets...head2014-2.pdf

I made some changes to the bag by putting a single, longer pocket on the back side & also by adding an adjustable shoulder strap. It is not lined & then I also added that little chapstick holder that hooks onto a hook on the side. The solid blue fabric on my bag is a canvas fabric.

I did not want a huge duffle bag & this one seems to be the perfect size for an overnight trip, a trip to the gym, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                    Does your jacket have an inner layer? Your duffel bag would be right at home in any high end store! Great job!!
                    Yes, the jacket is lined and has a thinker inner layer (not batting) between the outside & the lining inside. It was a fun thing to make. A friend of mine made one with soft pastel colors & wears in in the spring with solid colored t-shirts & she always looks so fresh & cheery when I see her in it. It's the perfect weight for cool, crisp, weather changing seasons.

Comment

Love the tree & i agree it can be all year. Always love Tweety. Jacket too. Well, you get the picture. All are wonderful. Gina

Comment

Beautiful work!!
                        Mary
                        SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
                          Those Tweety bird coasters are adorable. And that duffel bag is amazing. I am sure it gets a lot of use. Was the Christmas tree wallhanging a paper piecing project? Glad you made one for yourself too. Thanks for sharing.
                          Yes, this was a paper piece project. I'm not very good at paper piecing but simple things like this don't give me a problem (much...😉)

Comment

Thank you for sharing such beautiful little gifts. Well the duffel is a large one. And the link to the pattern.
                            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                            Aesop

Comment

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat." Love all those, but especially the coasters. Watching Looney Tunes was the highlight of my Saturday morning.

Rob
                              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                              --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X