Sharing My Quilts - Day 2 (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing My Quilts - Day 2 (Saturday)

I will be showing a few special quilts for special people in my life.
    This first quilt is a memory quilt for a friend whose father passed away. She asked me if I would make her a
    quilt from some of her father's shirts and this is what I made. He was from Indiana so I made the block named
    Indiana Puzzle. I put one of the pockets from the shirt on the back & enclosed the label inside the pocket. This
    quilt caused tears to flow as she saw it & passed her hands over each block….remembering her precious father.
    I've had a pen-pal from Sweden since I was 14 years old. We've been corresponding for 63 years now. I got to
    meet her when she & her DD came to the states to visit relatives & they stayed with us for a week during the
    visit. The quilt below this one was made for her DD when she had her first baby. It's a strippy quilt & I sent along
    a little stuffed bear to go with the quilt.
    This first chili pepper quilt (green & yellow) was made for my DD. She was a member of a Chili Cookoff Team in school & loves chili
    peppers. This is one of my favorite quilts that I've ever made.
    I made a second chili pepper quilt (green & red) for my college roommate who is from Wisconsin but loves everything Texas.
    It's like my DD's quilt only with different fabric.
    Hope you enjoy the show today. See you tomorrow.
    Click on the links to see the Sweden quilt & Chili Pepper Quilts.
    Attached Files

What beautiful quilts and great stories to go with each quilt

Comment

Both quilts are super nice. I just love the Sweden quilt and your story about your pen pal who became a lifelong friend. I have had a Danish friend For 51 years. She splits her time between Denmark, England and California. I got to see her last summer when I went to CA for my grandson’s wedding. Old friends are the best.

Thank you for such a lovely way to start our day!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful quilts and the stories that go with them. Having a pen pal for 63 years is really neat. I’m a little behind you in years, my best friend and I met when I was 6 and she was 5, it’s been 60 years for us and many years of that was by correspondence only since she moved to California when I was 10.
        Carlie

Comment

Beautiful show!! I'm from the southwest...the chili pepper quilt speaks to me!! Love what you did with the shirts. All fantastic!!

Comment

Love the quilts today and their special stories. Nothing like a long-time friendship.

Comment

I meant to add that the picture of the quilt that went to my pen pal in Sweden was taken in her home after she received it. I think it looks so pretty in her beautiful home.

Comment

Love! Love! the first quilt!! Love the stories behind each. Great show today. Gina

Comment

So nice! Those are impressive and beautiful quits!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice quilts.

Comment

A beautiful showing.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                        X