Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Day 3

Good Morning,

Today I am sharing quilts I've made for little ones. Teammates as well as friends.

Sarah.JPG This quilt was the second one made for a teammate (I cannot find a picture of the first one). She had a little boy. I don't remember if I had a pattern for this one or not.

Kasi.JPG This one was also made for a teammate of mine about a year after the last one shown. She also had a little boy.

Nikki 1.JPG This one was again made for a teammate as was completed a year ago May. Las Cruses is the pattern. She had a little girl. I was behind in getting things done so I did a quick super nine patch for her as well. My granddaughter Makayla was kind enough to hold it for the picture.

Nikki 2.JPG
    IMG_0298.jpgThis is the quilt I made for my grandson's best friend. No pattern. The elephants were drawn by hand from pictures I found on the internet and then I traced my pictures and embroidered them.

DSC00987 (2).JPG This one was made for two very special people in my life. The gal and I started a Tae Kwon Do class together (I started at age 50). We continued the classes together and worked together through all the levels and achieved our black belts. The young man joined our classes about 6 months later. He was far more advanced than us and achieved his black belt about a year before we did. They fell in love and married and had a little boy. I was slow in getting this one done. He was born in 2010 a few days before my grandmother died. I had the quilt in process at that time but after she died I had too much on my plate and it was put aside (my grandfather passed away 5 weeks later). I enjoyed doing this quilt for them but I had problems with the applique because it was so small and I was not familiar with needle-turn applique yet. I gave it to them when he was not quite 4 years old and already had a brother. I did a "cheater" quilt for him (just a panel that I put together and quilted).

Thanks for viewing. Have a great day.
    Attached Files
    Carlie

I like the last one. It looks like a great deal of time went into it. It's a very calm and soothing to look at quilt. What a beautiful gift it was.

Comment

Lovely work. The for sharing.

Comment

Such fun doing quilt's for babies and your's are great. Love the colors of that first one so cheerful.

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Wow, great quilts, love your elephants you are very talented!!!

Comment

Each of them is so special! Thank you for sharing them, Carlie!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Nice baby quilts

Comment

Lovely quilts. The last one is my favorite, too. I've never done needle turn applique. Only the raw edge.

Comment

Those are all such pretty baby quilts. I'm sure every mom loved receiving them & every baby loved sleeping on & under them. You do beautiful work & I really like your color combinations. Colors for selection is a hard part for me. Thanks so much for this Sunday show & for taking the time to tell us the stories behind the quilts.

Comment

How many different ways can you say beautiful! These are simply amazing.

Rob
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

Great quilts today! How funny I grew up in Las Cruces, my parents still live there. I like all your work. You're very versitile. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

All pretty quilts! The last one is adorable. I’m not a fan of panel quilts but this one turned out so cute....
                        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Teen, I maybe was unclear about that last quilt. It is not a panel. I made a panel quilt for his younger brother but did not show it here. The one shown is pieced and appliquéd in flannels.
                          Carlie

Comment

Love the quilts and love the love story of the couple. Yes, our quilts have a story and yours are beautiful. Those are pretty and vibrant colors for the first two quilts. Great job with them all!

Comment

How many baby quilts and all so adorable, I like them all but I love the one with the crosses, and the last one is a great job, I love the border in two colors, congratuilations

Comment

Working...
                              X