FMQ on baby quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMQ on baby quilts

Just wanted to share a couple of baby quilts that Cheryl did. They are strictly panels, but the more important thing about them is that Cheryl is trying her hand at FMQ.

Here is the front of the first one.
    1.jpg
    The backing is yardage that goes with the panel.
    2.jpg
    The backing for this quilt is just regular yardage, which is why I didn't show it.
    3.jpg
    She also is working on a couple of early tops that I did. She says the MC6650 is much better for FMQ than her original MC6500.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Oh my goodness, Cheryl did a fantastic job on her FMQ. I've never gotten comfortable doing FMQ but I soooo admire those who can do it. I'm so glad she's venturing out on something that I find very intimidating. Thanks for sharing her beauties with us.

Comment

Very nice, Cheryl!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. animated-ballon-caption-smiley-image-0104.gif

Comment

Looks great. I tried that and was intimidated. I’ll be practicing a little more before I do the next one. The one I did turned out okay, I thought that the quilting ended up too close together, that’s why I need practice.
          Carlie

Comment

Great job!! I love fmq quilting. Carlie the hardest thing is to know your path. I have to stop at times and make sure where I need to go witb the next section.

Comment

Very, very nicely done, Cheryl!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Great job at FMQ.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I love to FMQ....and panels are the perfect projects to skill build. She did a great job!
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Great job with the FMQ! I agree that panels are a great way to build comfort in your skills by echoing the lines in the design. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                    X