Sharing my Quilts - Day SEVEN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my Quilts - Day SEVEN!!

Ok! Last Day! I want to thank you all for the positive input and encouragement you've given me this week. Quilters are the most awesome group of people, and I've really enjoyed sharing with you.

Today is quick and simple. Holidays!

A couple years ago, after we moved into our "retirement nest", I met a couple ladies in my neighborhood who saw one of my quilts on the wall and asked me "did YOU do that?? Can you teach US to do that??" Within a week my sewing room was setup like a little classroom with two additional sewing spaces squeezed in. What a blessing for me to share this with them and see them TAKE OFF! One of them has a table runner, wall hanging or quilt on nearly every surface in her home, and has made and shared treasures with nearly everyone in her family. You can see the glow of the light in her sewing room sometimes late into the night! The other friend has discovered panels! And ALL you can do with panels! And she also decorates for EVERY holiday! EVERY. HOLIDAY. She's awakened in me the desire to do my own scaled down version of this. LOL.

So, here for my last day of sharing is a small sampling of the wall hangings we've made for a few holidays. You may recognize the October one as one of Jenny's creations. This was the first pieced project I taught my friend and she nailed it. Proud moment for me! Sometimes we embellish with buttons, rick rack, ribbon or just fancy stitches on the machine. But she's made sure I've had something hanging on my wall for nearly every event.

Enjoy.....Holidays!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

What a great story about new quilting friends the quilts are beautiful!!! What a wonderful motivator!!!

Comment

animated-flower-image-0051.gif What a lovely finale. Each is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures of your work.

Comment

The perfect finale to a wonderful week of seeing your quilts and other creations. You did a fantastic job, Libby! .....I knew you would!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Those are so cute. The valentine one brings back tons of memories!
          Carlie

Comment

Nice way to end the show! Thanks for sharing.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

How special that you helped friends become quilting friends too. You must be a fabulous teacher to bring them to their own enjoyment of quilting. It really is all about the teacher. So thank you!

Thank you for showing all the lovely quilts and projects this week. I have enjoyed the show!

Comment

Thank you so much for such a wonderful week of quilts. I've loved looking at your quilts over & over again throughout the week. What a joy it must have been for you to be able to teach your neighbors the art of quilting. How thrilling it must be for you to see her sewing late into the night & knowing that you helped her along the way. Thanks again for the wonderful show of quilts & beautiful stories that go with them.

Comment

Wonderful show!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful quilts and other projects. The motivation/stories behind the quilting adventures are such an uplift during this stressful time.

Comment

It's been a wonderful week with your quilt show each day! Thanks for sharing!
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I would LOVE to have someone to 'quilt' with. Thank you for another wonderful week of 'showing'. Your quilts are beautiful.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your quilts with us! Your quilts are beautiful, a real inspiration!

Comment

So lovely Libby! How inspiring you are! Neat story. Love the buddy quilts.
                            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I've enjoyed your quilt show this week. I love panels. One can do so much with them. It's been nice to see you back on the Forum this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X