Pink purple - playing with custom quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink purple - playing with custom quilting

Well it's done -- that's all I can say. I did a happy dance. I chose different blocks, triangles, borders and corner designs from the ProStitcher which came with HQ Amara. A lot of self learning -- a lot of time spent ripping out stitches. No bad words, surprising, but a few glasses of wine. I resolved that it was not going to be perfect, but good enough. The batting is pieced Tuscany wool scraps. Size is 56 x 68. The backing is check shirting flannel, and since its my GD's favorite color, I think she will get it for her Nov birthday, or maybe xmas. Right now, she has borrowed her brother's xmas quilt. She has other quilts, but they rotate around from one room, one kid to another. I'm happy they are being used, and not folded in a cupboard (to save for later). Later is now.

C-PP-back.jpg C-PP-border.jpg C-PP-triangles.jpg C-PP-block2.jpg C-PP-block1.jpg C-PP-quilt.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Lovely quilting! And I love those colors .... just what we need to see on dreary rainy fall mornings!

Comment

Very nice! Isn't it fun to try out the different patterns? I've had my Gammill/Statler Stitcher for 9 years now and I'm very happy with it. I tried FMQ with a different longarm and couldn't get the hang of it. That's when I ended up buying the Gammill.
      Your quilt with all the different patterns is beautiful!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

What a beauty! Love the colors and quilting!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Suzanne, your Pink Purple is beautiful. Your custom quilting is truly fabulous! Congratulations🤩
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Simply lovelyl. The colors are wonderful.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So beautiful! Is this the same quilt that one of the stitches was originally mid-sized? It looks incredible now! Congratulations!

Comment

I love your quilting and it looks so perfect. You talk like you are just a beginner or else you are trying a new machine or new software or something?? Anyways my point is that your quilting is really pretty and no signs of being a beginner that I can see. Your GD will love that one! I hope I did not totally misunderstand you being a beginner and I did not mean to hurt your feelings by saying that.

Comment

Suzanne, lovely quilt and it looks very good to me!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Your frustrated quilt sure turned out to be a thing of beauty!! You do fantastic work, your every bit a professional, love seeing all your quilts
                    Kathryn
                    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Great job Suzanne.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

You made an awesome design both color and quilting are spectacular
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

Love it! You do such great work Suzanne!
                          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Suzanne ~ Did you do the FMQ free hand? It's beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful quilt. You are learning the different features of your machine very quickly. Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X