Sharing my Quilts - Day Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my Quilts - Day Five

Baby Quilts! I'm working on one now, and it's been awhile. All my Grands are adults, but not yet to the age of having babes (yet). I hope I have the honor of making quilts for Great Grands someday 😊 (but it's ok, take your time. We'll wait😉) I've made baby quilts for friends, and friends of friends. I think whenever I'm in a quilty slump, and we ALL get there occasionally, a baby quilt brings me up and reminds me why I love this so much. Right?

So here ya go, a brief smattering of my Baby Quilts. I can see in reflecting, I really love the bright colors! Enjoy....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Libby, your quilts today are all so colorful and happy. I can’t pick a favorite but I really love the ones with the truck fabric and the x&o quilt. The thing that surprises me about your posts is how many quilts you’ve made. You must not have posted pictures of all of them as you made them. I do that, too I’ve known you for several years and never realized how prolific you have been! Great job!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
      Libby, your quilts today are all so colorful and happy. I can’t pick a favorite but I really love the ones with the truck fabric and the x&o quilt. The thing that surprises me about your posts is how many quilts you’ve made. You must not have posted pictures of all of them as you made them. I do that, too I’ve known you for several years and never realized how prolific you have been! Great job!!
      Thanks Barb! This has been fun, like a walk down memory lane. I don't post a lot pics of my work unless it makes me go "lllllllllooooooooook what I did!!" My early stuff was really wonky, but, well, despise not the day of small beginnings, right? My FMQing never got really pretty, but then I have friends who have helped me so much with their LAQ'ing. THAT makes all the difference, right? It's a journey. That's for sure!
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

If I was guessing, I would say baby quilts are the most popular type of quilt for people to make and give. Cheryl has two right now that she's working on. These are beautiful and thoughtful gifts.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I love making baby quilts. I have no great grands yet, but I have two quilts made and waiting in the wings for whenever.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh I so love your Kisses & Hugs quilt - (missing the personal hugs right now though ) Love the scalloped border, one day soon, I'll have to give that a shot, and will be calling on you to help!

Comment

All of those quilts are absolutely precious. I love the bright colors & cheerful designs. I love making baby quilts. Some of mine have been really simple & others quite a challenge for me. But I loved making all that I did. Thank you for a happy day of lovely quilts.

Comment

The last one is my favorite and the small tumbler quilt with the gorgeous colors is too. Beautiful work. Really enjoyed todays showing. animated-thank-you-image-0164.gif for sharing them with us.

Comment

The baby quilts are precious! Each one brings a smile with the pretty fabrics and layouts. Thanks for the smiles in the midst of our days!

Comment

Looovveee them!! So cheery and bright! Thanks for sharing them.
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I love all your quilts and these baby ones are so adorable and they are always a very well received gift, good job

Comment

I really love the pink with the scalloped border! I've been drawn to scalloped lately but have never attempted one. Yours is perfect!
                        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I love baby quilts too. I have a good collection of charm packs for table runners and baby quilts. I think they do get you out of quilting funk! Beautiful quilts!!

Comment

Working...
                          X