BOO for my Little Boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOO for my Little Boo

A few Boo things for the little Boo. Wall hanger for decorating his door.

Boo pic 1.jpg

The trick or treat bag is from a panel. He is all about "Frankie" this year. We are doing a halloween hunt in the back yard for him (only) this year. He will need this large tote. LOL!

I added tabs inside the bag so he can hang his flash-light. I cut the lining a half inch bigger and forgot to trim it. When I sewed the bag and lining together, it made a decorative binding on the top. I also sew the bottom lining together and leave about 5 inches on the side of the lining for turning. It is easier to close using some steam a steam. Then just top stitch the opening to close it.

Link to the pattern

https://www.henryglassfabrics.net/a-...ill-glow-tote/

Boo bag pic 2.jpg Boo bag pic 3.jpg Boo bag pic 4.jpg

The fabrics are glow in the dark. They really do!

Some fun pillow cases for Little Boo! Of course, he loves the dinosaurs. The orange star fabric is glow in the dark too. They are easy and fast to make using my serger...Grandma has too much fun!

Boo pic 5.jpg

How adorable. I miss being able to trick or treat. Now, a 57-year-old demanding candy just isn't that cute.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Everything is booootiful! I’m sure Eli will be thrilled.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yhe talent you have....wow!!! Lucky Eli. Amazing work Rhonda. Love the fabric. Great idea to add the flashlight tabs. And the extra lining binding...wonderful happy accident! Who called those "creative design changes"? Lol
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Love them Rhonda! It's fun being a Nana. Love them! I may have to make a bag!

Comment

Love the ,idea of the tabs for a flashlight. He will be delighted with all his special Boo treats! I love that dinosaur material I just finished a pillow with it, going to see if the quilt shop has some more left.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Oh you do such wonderful work! That trick or treat sack is adorable.

Comment

He’ll enjoy his night and I think he’ll feel like a real big shot with the flashlight tabs. Who else has one as special? Neat idea and great bag and pillow covers.

Comment

Rhonda...with the Boo sign...is that embroidery or binding around it. I can't quite tell.
                  Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    Everything is booootiful! I’m sure Eli will be thrilled.
                    Well said Barb.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh, such adorable creations!
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Here is the link to the design. It comes in different sizes and I used the 6x6 size.

https://swpea.com/products/boo-wall-...9f40345a&_ss=r

The spider web was stitched with holo-gram thread for shimmer. I added plastic eyes for the pupils on the last "O" instead of stitching them. For the backing on each letter, I added a layer of decor-bond to the backing fabric. Then stitch it onto the letter when instructed, trim the edges, and stitch the satin stitches. The decor bond is thin yet add support to the project.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Eli is one lucky little guy!

Comment

Adorable. One lucky grandkid.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                            X