I finally used my denim 9 patches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally used my denim 9 patches!

This demin has been in my posession for up to 25+ years. They were jeans that I could no longer fit into when I lost weight. I kept them amd cut them into squares, planned a quilt and organized them, labeled them and put them with layout instructions in zip baggies for sewing another time. I even titled the quilt! Tucked away they never saw the light of day for all these years other than the occasional...oh yeah...I should get to that!! Lol

This summer I got as far as sewing them into 9 patches. After the baby quilt I was going to make them disappear. I couldn't figure out how to make it grow. I didn't have more denim. I was determined and then got mesmerized by Moda! Haha. So...then back into the drawer it went. No quilt was made...again.

Well...I did make something with half of it. A big gift sack for hubby's birthdays (he has always had a big Christmas sack at his request). At least it's getting some use soon. His birthday is next week. I am determined to use it all. I'll think of something for the rest...eventually lol.

It's mostly blues but really bad lighting. I wanted to machine applique, but by mistake I bought the wrong Heat and Bond. I still like it. I think he will too

20201016_181319.jpg

Attached Files
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Denim should make good reusable grocery bags or a beach/picnic quilt.

Comment

I think thats a clever idea. I may hunt down jeans Around here and see if I could make shopping bags.

Comment

No doubt he will like it.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I like it a lot! I think that is a very clever use of the denim . I can imagine it was hard to sew.

Comment

Thanks everyone! It wasn't hard to sew as I have a Singer Heavy Duty machine.

TMP... I don't think I would add more seams though. I thought about a disappearing 9 patch but that would be hard I think.

Claire...I love the picnic blanket idea. Maybe for the next one. I will save more old jeans. I'm wondering if it might be too hesvy for grocery bags. This sack is quite heavy empty!

Comment

Great, sturdy looking bag for your DH. I'm sure he's very happy with that one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cute idea with the candles!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                  Cute idea with the candles!
                  Thanks. I like the. I can't take credit for creating them. I saw them on a card on Pinterest.

Comment

Originally posted by osewme View Post
                    Great, sturdy looking bag for your DH. I'm sure he's very happy with that one. Thanks for sharing.
                    It's already heavy without the gifts! Lol

Comment

Fun project and perfect for birthday gift! Fun looking back on jeans fabrics too. You could make some couch or floor pillows if you need more ideas. I like the idea of a car quilt or picnic blanket.

Happy Stitching!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
                        Fun project and perfect for birthday gift! Fun looking back on jeans fabrics too. You could make some couch or floor pillows if you need more ideas. I like the idea of a car quilt or picnic blanket.

Happy Stitching!
                        Good ideas! Thanks Rhonda.

Comment

Working...
                        X