Sharing my Quilts - Friday, day ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my Quilts - Friday, day ONE

Hey there! I've been around here awhile, since 2012, but haven't shared a lot lately. I guess life just gets in the way. But I have continued my quilting journey, and would like to share what some of that has been. Starting with the VERY first quilt I made in 2004 (how is it possible it's been that long?!)

This one was made for my Sister, she loves cats. I had no skill, but I had a sewing machine and a wonderful quilting mentor who inspired me then and continues to, to this day. My favorite memory about this quilt was that I finished it one week before my Mama passed away and she was able to see my sister receive it and was deeply touched at the love this "craft" expresses. I know you all know what that means....

This was followed by a lengthy time of no sewing. We sold our home and moved into a larger place and it took me some time to get myself organized and sewing. It started out as a series of trial projects for the holidays. This is when I found Jenny and she took me on a journey that amazed me beyond belief! She convinced me I really could do this, and that is when I really started creating! The smaller projects here are a result of that time. Not perfect, not even close. But I'm learning!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

The blue squares are so bright and cheerful =) The green and red rhombus star runner is my favorite.

Comment

I love the classic beauty of blocks in gorgeous colors sewn together. I love your blues. Your runners are so pretty. This is my favorite holiday runner pattern. Thank you for sharing today!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So sweet your mom was able to see the quilt you gifted your sister. Good memories there. I love to make table runners too and loved yours, especially the dresdens.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Those are fantastic! Glad you shared.

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

I loved seeing your very first quilt and so glad your mom got to see it finished. It reminds me of my first that was made with 2" (finished squares) & I alternated solid & prints through the whole thing. I love making table runners & yours are so very pretty. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your beautiful quilts & stories with us.

Comment

Very nice. Thx for sharing

Comment

Great star to your show of quilts. Isn’t it amazing that others can “see” the love behind the quilting? I do love the blue quilt.
                Carlie

Comment

Great showing, thanks for sharing with us!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good to see you here again. We haven't heard much from you for a while. Love the blue quilt. The table runners are so pretty, too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for showing the beautiful quilt and the projects today. The first quilt is always the most special. It's nice that your mother could see the love too. The table runners look lively. They are always a favorite project.

Comment

Love those quilts Libby! Thanks for sharing. Those blues are striking and the kitties so cute!! I love the dresdens as well.
                        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Our first quilts bring back such sweet memories. I'm so glad your Mom got to see the first. It's that love and joy that keeps us stitching! You had/have a wonderful mentor, someday I hope to meet her. And you've in turn become a wonderful mentor and cheerleader, not just to me but also to a couple of other ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting thru you.

Comment

Great quilts and table runners!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I love table runners and yours are beautiful. Thanks for sharing these and the stories behind them.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X