Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer [formerly Spring] Twist Finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer [formerly Spring] Twist Finished!

I started this quilt back in January and finally finished it last week. I wasn't sure about the border, and posted a poll in July. Thank you to everyone who cast a vote -- out of 96, this border won by 12 votes (52 - 40, with 4 votes for "other"). The back is the same fabric as the border.

The pattern is Jenny's spring twist, but the fabrics remind me more of summer. I used a lightweight batting, and quilted it on my embroidery machine.

Thank you for looking!

DSCN0721.jpg

That turned out so pretty. I am with you and that the colors remind me of summer, like the little twisters could spin with a summer breeze.

Comment

That turned out beautiful!

Comment

That's such a beautiful, happy quilt! I agree that it looks like summer & makes me think of the little whirly gigs we used to play with as children....holding them high in the air to catch as much wind as possible while we ran through the yard. Thanks for sharing your quilt & bringing back memories of good times.

Comment

Love the color choices and the pattern. Great job!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Beautiful! That turned out great!

Comment

Such a beautiful quilt....love it!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful quilt! It reminds me of summer to with your colors, lemonade and sherbet!
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

It looks so cool and refreshing. I really like the colors and the black pin wheels pop.

Comment

Love this Julie! It's so cheery!! Definitely reminds me of summer.
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Love the quilting you did.
                      Last edited by Paisley; October 15, 2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

How beautiful! I like how the quilting on the black makes it look like a different fabric.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

The colors are perfect and like you said they remind a person of summer. Very nice quilt. I have that pattern on my list to do. I may end up being a copycat on the colors.
                          Carlie

Comment

Very nice. Love the colors

Comment

That is gorgeous. Very bright and Spring time looking. Now I must make a strip one myself. just finishing up one from years ago. Love all your colors!!

Comment

Working...
                              X