Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts ~Wednesday

Hello Everyone =)
    I am getting down to the last of my pictures. I have enough for today and Thursday. After that I shall have to start making new quilts. Today's quilts are dog quilts I made for donations so there is not much stories to compliment the pictures of those. I did try using the sewing machine a little more on these.

dog quilt 1.JPG dog quilt 2.JPG dog quilt 3.JPG dog quilt 4.JPG Dog quilts to donate.JPG
    At the time I hadn't seen pictures of the dogs that needed a quilt, but wanted the rescue to have some on hand when the need arose.
    This next quilt was liked so much they put it on a facebook auction to raise money. They were on the verge of having to give up , funds were so low. Jack made a donation to try to keep them hanging on a bit longer. When I made the quilt I had no idea it was going to be auctioned. The lady who bought the quilt said when she received it , she was very happy with it, that it was a solid quilt that would last a long time. The applique mini pin was one of the first ones I made. I can't find the picture of side 2 but it is charm squares matching the front, a checker board pattern. I really liked this quilt, and had almost kept it. I am glad now I didn't.dog quilt that was auctioned.JPG This next one was a quilted square I bought at a thrift store that I really liked the look of. I feel like I cheated a bit using someone's else's work, as my starting point. . But I did center a quilt around it and did all that work for it. The center square I hand stitched all around it to enhance it. Again I can not find my side 2 picture for this one. Nor do I remember the back of it exactly, I am thinking it may have been purple and green charm squares. Louise had taken a liking to it, and I suggested she keep it for her dog. Her little dog passed away since then, breaking Louise's heart to lose her. This was before I had made the burgundy mini pin quilt for her. I love the colors in this little quilt. These are my favorite colors.
    Dog quilt.JPG
    This next quilt was made for a little dog named Zena who is still in foster care. Zena is on their website, I will enclose a link so you can see her. The rescue is trying hard to raise funds to pay for vet bills. They are working on making up a mini pin calendar. We sent in a picture of MaBelle and Frankie for it. . The Minpinerie is my favorite charity. I know it should probably be the Shriner's hospital since they had saved my daughter's life and gave her quality of life when they did spinal rods for her scoliosis. her ribs were crushing her heart. The Shriners are amazing . They have many people making quilts for them so I can offer them little in comparison to what they have done for me. So I pay it forward in a different direction. I am not a volunteer or a member of the Minpinerie charity. I am just someone who adopted 3 of their dogs in the last few years , and show my appreciation for what they do. Jack delivered the quilts to Zena in person. This is both sides of her first quilt.
    Zena's quilt side 1.JPG Zena's quilt side 2.JPG
    This last little quilt was a 2nd quilt for Zena . I had watched Jenny's tutorial on making 10 inch squares from scraps of fabric, crumb quilting, and made about 60 squares. I used a few to make this. The backing is a soft minky type fabric. This quilt became Zena's favorite. Zena's quilt.JPG Tomorrow is my last day for sharing quilts, so I have one story left to go with a Christmas quilt for that thread. I have been posting this thread every night at midnight MSQC time zone, lol. That's 1am here. It's been a real change from the usual routine here , posting every night. When I wake in the morning , Jack has already been up since dawn and before I even turn the kettle on to make tea, he is asking me if have I seen the posts yet, read the responses. I think he has enjoyed this week. I know I have.
    https://minpinerie.ca/category/available-dog/

Wow! You’re an inspiration! Beautiful quilts and amazing stories. Thank you.
    💫 Star lover

Comment

What a beautiful thing you do for the Minpinerie charity & I know that Louise & the staff really appreciate your love & support to their organization. It's another hard day to pick a favorite but I'm really drawn to Zena's favorite. Love the story about Jack making a donation for the auction quilt. Sounds like there is more than one "heart of gold" in your family. You are both amazing people that are blessings to those who lives you touch. Thank you for your postings of all your beautiful quilts.

Comment

Treasured quilts for the rescued mini pins. Those little ones are so special to get a quilt too. I love how your helper Jack makes the deliveries too. Thank you for taking care of these puppies and the rescue group.

Comment

It takes a special person to make so many quilts for dogs. You put as much care into them as the quilts you make for people. Thanks to you again for such a cheerful showing today.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful quilts - - very cheery.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I think it's your color choices that speak to me as much as the subject matter. It's easy to go overboard with color, but your color, while bright, doesn't scream out. Of course, the fact that you're helping out a rescue group is equally important. Before we got Droopy I never had considered a rescue for a purebred (Rosebud was a mix that we got from the humane society, but as a pup he would have gone quickly no matter what). Yet looking back it makes sense. The only thing is I wish we could get one that's a pup, so we could train them ourselves, but that's part of the rescue world. You take what you can get. Great job as always, Madonna!

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

Beautiful! I'm especially attracted to the purple ones and absolutely adore the cute doggie backing on the purple dog quilt.
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

One of the first things I see in a quilt is color followed by pattern. Yours are eclectic & I love them all. As always Madonna, your generous heart shows thru. Thanks for the eye feast. Gina

Comment

Beautiful quilts. I especially like the one that was auctioned off.
                    Carlie

Comment

Wonderfull quilts and full of love

Comment

Working...
                      X