Getting My Mo-jo back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting My Mo-jo back...

I REALLY thought I'd get a TON of sewing done during quarantine! Alas, I did very little. Seemed to have lost my mo-jo. I figured if I worked on a very small project, I might feel better. So one rainy Saturday afternoon I decided to grab an old pattern (Improv Tote) and make myself a tote bag. It's an extremely simple bag to make, so didn't require many brain cells (of which I have few). I also had fun watching the tutorial while making the bag! I had the mini tumbler from M* that I had purchased many, many moons ago and never used, so I felt it was time to dust it off and give it a whirl. The rest is history!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Hello and welcome back! You have been AWOL for awhile! That is a great bag and you did such a nice job. I too have a number of those little tiny templates sitting around that have not been used yet except to trace around for quilting designs.

Comment

Missed you ... glad you are back!

Comment

Glad you got back to sewing. Maybe a small project like that will be just what you needed to go full steam ahead with something bigger. I haven't done much this summer either but sure do enjoy seeing what others are making. Lots of UFO's got finished by really industrious quilters. The mini tumblers make it more unique than just squares. Thanks for showing us that pretty tote.

Comment

Happy to see you back again! Cute bag.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Glad to see you back on the forum. Your tote is lovely!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Glad to see you again! I hope you are back with us.....
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is one gorgeous bag. I have watched that tutorial a dozen times thinking I should try making one, but never did. The color choices are perfect. I really like it
                dancing-chicken.gif

Comment

Great tote! Glad to see you back. Hope the mojo keeps working.

Comment

Nice tote bag. Glad to have you back. I have found that being able to complete a project, no matter the size, helps to jump start my mo-jo again.

Comment

How cute!!
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Welcome back, we miss you on the forum, I love your bag, I love the fabrics and the little glasses adorn it

Comment

Great bag and welcome back.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome back -- I was worried. I love seeing your posts and life in your neck of the woods. Its a beautiful project and a good start to getting your mojo back. This virus has certainly changed a lot of our daily routines, but we will survive if we can adapt. Look forward to seeing your next project.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Love this! I am trying to figure out how and what to do for my first big tote. Your fabric and pattern choices are great!
                              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                              X