Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts Thursday Rob and Cheryl

Morning all,

Stole a few minutes before we have to leave for Cheryl's appointment to post our last day of photos.

These all are pictures I've posted before, but I figured the only way it was going to be "Rob and Cheryl" would be to repeat some I've already put up. I want to thank everyone who took the time to read through the postings and for the feedback on the quilts. It is greatly appreciated.

Lincoln Quilt.JPG
    Cheryl made this for my office from a pattern that included the die cut drawing of Lincoln. It was one of her first large quilts she ever tried.

Chase's Quilt.JPG
    This was the quilt that Cheryl made for our great-nephew, who is starting a new life with a new family. Our long arm quilter will be quilting that later this week as she finally was able to work us in.

Green With Envy.jpg
    This was one of the first quilts I designed in EQ8. It is made with Edyta Sitar's Evergreen fabric.

Christmas Quilt.JPG
    The Christmas quilt that Cheryl made. Both the Green and Christmas quilts are also going to the long armer today.

Regiments Binding.jpg
    Of all the quilts I've done so far, this has to be my favorite, not only because I designed it, but because I think it turned out better than the others.

Comfort Quilt.JPG
    My second favorite, because of the design and the Kansas Troubles fabric choice.

Anita's Quilt.JPG
    The quilt Cheryl did for one of my Lincoln buddies. The pattern is a variation on the Road to California.

Kentucky Sampler.JPG
    The Kentucky Sampler, also for a Lincoln budy.

Ohio Star 2.jpg
    The Ohio Star, again, for a Lincoln buddy of mine.

Blue Gray (2).jpg
    Last, but not least, my Blue and Gray quilt.

Again, thanks for all the kind words about our quilts and the support we've received from everyone here. I'm glad I found this forum. It has helped far more than any of you could ever realize.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

What a wonderful collection of quilts. I haven't been here for the last couple days so I am looking forward to going back and catching up on your posts from the last few days. Thanks for sharing yours and Cheryl's beautiful work with us.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

This is a wonderful collection of quilts. I just love your (Cheryl and your) style.

Thank you both for posting your beautiful collection this week. You did an excellent job! Madonna (minipinlady) will start posting tomorrow. Thanks again.....
      Last edited by Bubby; October 8, 2020, 06:02 PM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you for such a wonderful quilt show this week and the history behind the quilts. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite from today's selection. I think it's wonderful that you and Cheryl have a shared passion for quilting together.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Last year was the first time I ever went to a quilt show and I loved it. Sad there are no shows this year. The quilt shows here have been great fun and appreciated , so my anticipation of a quilt show has been met here. Beautiful quilts, I think the evergreen quilt is my favorite from today's pictures, and it is a hard choice to pick a favorite. Thank you for a lovely week of quilts.

Comment

Thanks, Rob and Cheryl, for sharing your beautiful quilts with us.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts and the quilting stories.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts and stories. What an awesome journey!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks for sharing your quilts. What a great way to spend time together!
                  Carlie

Comment

Thank you for sharing your quilts this week. I've loved the stories that have gone with them as much as the pictures.

Comment

Thanks for hosting the quilt show this week. You have quite a collection of beautiful quilts. I have enjoyed reading about your (and Cheryl’s) quilting journey!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us this week. I so wish I could get my DH to join me in my quilting 'studio.' He is my 'go to' person for color suggestions and has a good eye. I value his opinion very much and he is my biggest cheerleader. Any suggestions for me to get him to be a more involved partner? I have extra machines he could use. LOL
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

Great show! Love your quilts and stories. Thanks for sharing with all of us!!

Comment

You two are so prolific you put me to shame. I love the variety. My favorite one is the blue and the gray. I love plain old fashioned simple patterns like that. Your LA is going to be so busy but she has a goldmine in you and Cheryl! Do either of you do your own quilting or do you always send it out? That is my favorite part.

Comment

Cheryl does some straight-line quilting, and she's tried some FMQ (a couple of my earlier quilts will be for her to practice on), but for the bigger ones, and the ones that are going out as gifts, we use a long arm quilter. It's worth the price not to have to deal with it, plus we have some fairly reasonable people who do this. One of our former neighbors still does it and only charges $60 for a queen size quilt.

Graany Fran, I wish I could give you a good suggestion. For me it was a combination of boredom and a desire to try something new. If I hadn't had Mom's influence behind me, I'm not sure that I would have done it.

Rob
                              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                              --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X