Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our quilts Wednesday Rob and Cheryl

Morning all!

Not really a theme to this morning's show. Some were quilts that Cheryl made just after she started while others are more recent. Tomorrow will be our last day, and just to let everyone know it likely will be later in the morning before I post. Cheryl has a doctor's appointment at 9 a.m. and then we plan to go vote early.

10-7- Sampler.jpg
    Cheryl made this sampler quilt shortly after she joined her guild. It was a "block of the month" type deal that the guild did for all members. It currently sits over a bench where some of Cheryl's Raggedy Ann dolls sit.

10-7 Sampler 2.jpg
    Cheryl found this pattern in either a Fons and Porter or McCall's Quilting magazine. The fabric was part of what we bought in Pennsylvania. She still has some of the green fabric left over, although once its gone all that she bought out there will be gone.

10-7 Hummingbird.jpg
    This quilt is a Hummingbird pattern. To be honest, that's all I know about it. It was a more recent quilt.

10-7 Bed Quilt.jpg
    One of the "useful" quilts that Cheryl made. It was made out of a Jelly Roll and is also a recent quilt. It currently is in use on our bed.

10-7 Blue Ribbon Quilt.jpg
    Cheryl got this pattern from her Thimbleberries book. It's called "My Stars." Cheryl made this quilt about eight months or so after she first started. The reason that's important is because if you ever saw her first quilt (which I promised her I wouldn't share....doesn't matter because after the move I have no idea where it even is) you would see how much she improved, which is a good message for all beginning quilters. She even entered this quilt in our local county fair that year, and it won a blue ribbon, which one of the judges said was rare for a beginning quilter. I've also uploaded a picture that shows the quilting. We had a long arm quilter do it, and I don't know if you can tell from the close up, but she used variegated red, white, and blue thread, keeping with the fabric colors.
    10-7 Blue Ribbon Up Close.jpg
    For our final offering tomorrow, we will repost some of the quilts that we both have done.

More tomorrow!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Wow, love them all. Especially the HUmmingbird one for some reason. very pretty!

Comment

O "My Stars " is stunning. Love the pattern and colors. moon-walk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

Another great showing! Love the colors and fabric in the quilt on your bed and Cheryl's star quilt was a well deserved ribbon winner. I see Patsy in the background looks like she loves being near her family very appreciative of her new home.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Love those little prairie points on that Pennsylvania quilt. The jelly roll quilt looks sooooo comfy & someday I want to make one. No the My Stars quilt is my favorite as I love quilts with stars in them. Congrats on the Blue Ribbon which truly was deserved as that quilt is beautiful!

Comment

I’m in love with Cheryl’s My Stars and Hummingbird quilts. Great showing again today. Thank you Rob and to Patsy for letting Daddy do this.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Another vote for the blue ribbon winner and hummingbird qults! All are lovely though. Well done Cheryl!! Thanks for sharing Rob. It's sweet that you are so proud and supportive of your wife!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Love the quilts today. The RWB one is a favorite. Congrats on the ribbon too! Thanks for sharing your quilts, their stories, and your journey in the quilting world.

Comment

Great quilts today, the first one reminds me of when I started in patchwork and had to do different techniques it was a grest feeling. Thanks for your stories and congratulations to Cheryl on her blue ribbon

Comment

Love it!! Cheryl has really done some beautiful quilts!! Great job..Thanks!

Comment

They are all beautiful.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Congrats to Cheryl on the blue ribbon. Awesome! Love them all but i am particularly drawn to the "useful" jellyroll quilt. Probably because know that we need a new quilt for our bed and that looks like something I'd like to try.
                          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I love the stars and the one on your bed. No wonder she won a blue ribbon!

Comment

Wow, what beautiful quilts!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X