Perfectly Imperfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfectly Imperfect

Perfectly Imperfect_Hanging Gardens.jpgPerfectly Imperfect Back.jpg I don't normally give my quilts a name, but this one is being name "Perfectly Imperfect". I started piecing this one almost a year ago, after giving up on another pattern I was working on. This is the "Hanging Gardens" pattern by Cozy Quilts. I fell in love with it after seeing the one Suzanne made. The quilt name is a reflection of my struggles with the quilting. After ripping the quilting out so many times, I finally decided to go with the "Rhapsody" quilting design from Urban Elementz, and make it happen, so I could have it finished and give myself permission to work on some baby quilts that need to get done. I wanted this quilt to be perfect because it is for my brother who does so much for our mom, and he is a perfect brother in so many ways. But in the end, I guess we are all perfectly imperfect, so the name stuck with me. Thanks for looking.

Wow O Wow O Wow ! I hate to disagree but it is perfect. Breath takingly beautiful.

Comment

It's gorgeous! I always admired that design and your colors are perfect for it!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

It perfectly beautiful, to me. I think your brother will love it.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

So sorry you had challenges- but it is PERFECTLY Beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful work!! Great job!

Comment

I know my eyesight isn't perfect any longer but your quilt is!! It is lovely!

Comment

We are our own worst critics. There's not a thing wrong with your quilt. In spite of your frustrations, it looks great. Is the backing a grunge fabric? All the fabrics blend well together. I like that pattern, too.

Comment

To me it is Perfectly Perfect! I love it & know your brother will too.

Comment

Wow, pretty quilt, looks perfect to my eye!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I'm working on that one now! I have all but a couple blocks done but haven't started on the sashing which looks a little intimidating. Your's is beautiful and hopefully mine will turn out just close to that pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                        Perfectly Imperfect_Hanging Gardens.jpgPerfectly Imperfect Back.jpg I don't normally give my quilts a name, but this one is being name "Perfectly Imperfect". I started piecing this one almost a year ago, after giving up on another pattern I was working on. This is the "Hanging Gardens" pattern by Cozy Quilts. I fell in love with it after seeing the one Suzanne made. The quilt name is a reflection of my struggles with the quilting. After ripping the quilting out so many times, I finally decided to go with the "Rhapsody" quilting design from Urban Elementz, and make it happen, so I could have it finished and give myself permission to work on some baby quilts that need to get done. I wanted this quilt to be perfect because it is for my brother who does so much for our mom, and he is a perfect brother in so many ways. But in the end, I guess we are all perfectly imperfect, so the name stuck with me. Thanks for looking.
                        Amazing Karen, the colors are so perfect for this pattern.
                        One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          We are our own worst critics. There's not a thing wrong with your quilt. In spite of your frustrations, it looks great. Is the backing a grunge fabric? All the fabrics blend well together. I like that pattern, too.
                          Joy, yes the backing is a grunge.

Comment

STOP criticizing yourself. It's a loving tribute to your brother. Your love for him shines through in each and every stitch, be proud of yourself!
                            Kathryn
                            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

You made a perfect quilt for your perfect brother! I hope to make that pattern someday.

Comment

Working...
                              X