Sharing Quilts Thursday-by Monique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Thursday-by Monique

This quilt was made for Son #2 using the large half hexie template from MSQC
    SAM_5848.JPG
    This quilt is also a MSQC pattern
    SAM_6030.JPG
    This one was made for my MIL when she went into the nursing home. It is a quilt made with 5 yards of fabric. I have made 3 using this pattern

SAM_5077.JPG

This was my first quilt I ever made. Hand pieced and hand quilted. It was intended for my mother but she passed away before I was able to finish. Ended up being a gift for my son and dil as a wedding gift. They are no longer together and it has come back to me.
    my first quilt.jpg

This quilt was for Son#1 as well but they aren't together anymore but he still has it. It is huge, king sized.

Greg's quilt.jpg

Thanks for looking on this fine Thursday.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Thanks for sharing Monique! I cannot imagine how long it took to make the star quilt, all the hand piecing. Did the stars go together easier with the hand piecing? I love the last one. Simple but very pretty.
    Carlie

Comment

Beautiful quilts! I love the one you started for your mom. I'm glad it's back in your hands.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a beautiful showing of your quilts today. I have always wanted to make the half hexie quilt...it’s gorgeous! Your eight point star quilt that you made for your Mom is beautiful. Oh the work in that one! Some day I will make the keyhole quilt. It’s on my List. I always love a pretty Dresden, too. Thanks, Monique!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Monique, such beautiful quilts! Glad the one for your son came back to you.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

What beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Love all your quilts. Where did you get the pattern for the 5 yard quilt?
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

Monique ~ All the quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I've never hand quilted anything. It makes the gift that much more special.

Comment

Wonderful displays Monique! My mother always hand-quilted her work. She said that was how she was taught by her mother and grandmother. Manys a time I can remember her sitting at her frame on a snowy winter's day hand quilting one of her creations. Seeing your quilt brought back some pleasant memories for me. Thank you.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Great display today!! I would love the purple pattern too. Glad it came back to you ..all the work. I'm still salty my ex kept an apple core quilt I made...you leave you don't deserve my quilt lol. Beautiful job!!

Comment

Beautiful quilts today with such pretty fabrics. I admire that you hand quilt. You must feel so proud of your work when you finish a quilt. Thanks for sharing them with us today.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlieBlilie View Post
                        Thanks for sharing Monique! I cannot imagine how long it took to make the star quilt, all the hand piecing. Did the stars go together easier with the hand piecing? I love the last one. Simple but very pretty.
                        I think so, it has been so long since I worked on it (2007).

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                          Great display today!! I would love the purple pattern too. Glad it came back to you ..all the work. I'm still salty my ex kept an apple core quilt I made...you leave you don't deserve my quilt lol. Beautiful job!!
                          That quilt is actually in the rose/dusty rose colours. I will share my pattern with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                            Love all your quilts. Where did you get the pattern for the 5 yard quilt?
                            I will add the link here for you. It is in my albums

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/me...-monique/media

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                              Here it is: https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/me...-monique/media

Comment

Working...
                              X