Sharing Quilts Tuesday-by Monique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Tuesday-by Monique

I am sorry friends, I forgot. But here I am, better late than never.

SAM_5086.JPG
    This first one was for a friend of mine who had lost her husband. Brad was a musician, he played the Saxaphone. Each year they would attend a festival and would buy themed shirts. This was my first ever and that guitar in the centre was on the back of a shirt. The border was from another shirt. My friend Katharine does not let anyone near this quilt.

The second one was from a young man who passed away. He had a love for country music. He was also autistic. This quilt was made from T-shirts. I was also able to make a small lap quilt as well. He was a large young man and his shirts were very large which allowed enough fabric for two quilts. The first one was a queen size. These are his parents in this picture.SAM_5944.JPG

Thanks for looking.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

I really like them both, especially the t- shirt quilt.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Such beautiful work and such beautiful stories!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Very beautiful and very touching Monique!
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Beautiful quilts Monique.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Love both & each are so different in content. Looking forward to more showings. Gina

Comment

Beautiful work, Monique and so kind of you to fill your friends needs.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Those are fabulous memory quilts and I'm sure they bring comfort to their loved ones. The shirts tell their own quilt story. Thank you for sharing these treasured quilts today!

Comment

Memory quilts are so meaningful to the recipients. Lovely quilts. I've never made a tee shirt quilt. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

I've not made any t-shirt quilts and I really like these. Thanks for sharing.
                    Carlie

Comment

Thanks for sharing those two beautiful quilts. I'm sure Katharine appreciates the quilt & treasures it. The country music T-Shirt quilt was such a kind gift to that young man's parents. Their son will always be near to them through the beautiful quilt(s) that you gifted them.

Comment

Thank you for the beautiful quilts and stories.

Comment

Love the stories. I haven't made a t shirt quilt yet. They turned out great!! Its so special.

Comment

Two large quilts full of wonderful memories, fantastic job

Comment

Both quilts are beautiful!
                              Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X