Sharing Quilts Sunday - by Monique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Sunday - by Monique

front1.jpg Good morning friends. Well here it is, Bonnie's Quilt. She was just starting to quilt it when she passed away. I offered to finish it. It has taken me quite a while to finish, and I still need to sew the binding to the back. The pattern is called Wisteria Lane by Timeless Treasures. It is a paper pieced pattern, which she loved to do. Below shows the hand quilting.

back.jpg
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Wow, that is an amazing quilt!!! What a treasure!!!

Comment

So, so beautiful! The colors are fantastic.
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Wow that is a beautiful quilt, paper piecing and hand quilting too! Between the two of you, definitely a lotta love is in that quilt.

Comment

Wow, that is a beautiful quilt. I am certain that it will be treasured. I know it must be difficult to have worked on it but she was there keeping your memories of her alive.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Monique,
            Beautiful quilt so glad you were able to finish this for her. I'm sure you were thinking of her as you worked on it and all the good memories you had. Sometimes a needle and thread helps bring us through the grieving process.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

That’s an incredible quilt, Monique. It was good of you to finish the quilting. I know it’s going to Bonnie’s family and I know it will be a blessing. This is the perfect “first” quilt for you to share.
              Last edited by Bubby; September 27, 2020, 08:07 AM.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh what a beautiful quilt! How wonderful that you finished it. I can imagine you feeling her presence right there with you cheering you on as you completed her work. Don't forget to add a label documenting the history of this amazing quilt. Someone down the road who comes into possession of this quilt will be grateful to you for doing that.

Thank you for sharing this very special quilt with us.
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Your quilting is beautiful! What a work of love.

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt. My husband was passing by and looked at it and said "Almost looks like something from the 60's". Not sure I agree. Beautiful work on this one.
                    Carlie

Comment

What a phenomenal quilt! How very, very kind of you to finish quilting it for the family. I know they will treasure it all of their lives.

Comment

Amazing. So nice of you to finish it for her kids. As others have said there is a lot of love in that quilt.

Comment

The quilt , colors and quilting are wonderful, I really like it, Bonnie is looking down you and smiling.

Comment

Totally amazing! What a gift of love to do the hand quilting. Fantastic job!

Comment

That is absolutely stunning, and the quilting is exquisite!

Rob
                              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                              --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X