Sharing Quilts, Saturday- KPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts, Saturday- KPH

Today is my last day of sharing. Thank you all for your sweet comments. I can't wait for my Husky to come home so I can start working on ANYTHING in my sewing room again!

Here are a few baby quilts.

100_0531.JPG100_0525.JPG100_0300.JPG

102_0712.JPG

Most of these are made in pairs, since I'll buy a layer cake and use FQS's Jolly Bar Book for my patterns. I've been slack about taking pictures of the finished quilts, too!

Thanks again for all of the sweet comments about my quilting addiction!
    Attached Files
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Very pretty - all of them. The first one to catch my eye in the thumbnails was the one spread out on the couch with the white sashing. But after enlarging them all - I'm not sure I could pick a favorite. They are all gorgeous!
    Little funny - when I first read this I couldn't understand why you had to wait for your dog to come home to work. LOL Then I realized you were talking about a sewing machine. Guess I haven't had enough coffee yet to get the old brain working!
    Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Katrina, you’ve given us yet another beautiful collection of projects to drool over. Thank you for participating in our sharing project. You did a great job!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Katrina,
        Lucky babies who are the recipients of your quilts. Great week of seeing your work.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

What lovely baby quilts. I also like the one on the couch that is bordered in white.
          Carlie

Comment

I like the one with the peach colored fabric. They are all beautiful. The husky made me think the same thing too, the dog is coming home ! lol. My dogs are my company when I am sewing , as well as my watch dogs. They watch and make sure I take breaks when needed . Thank you for sharing so many lovely pictures of your quilts. group-dancing-penguins-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

Katrina,

Thank you for a lovely quilt show this week. Each one is such a special gift. I see your home filled with quilts. I see your home filled with love. Blessings to you and your family.

Comment

Baby quilts are my favorite to make. I would love to know that pattern as well. Thanks for sharing!! They are all fantastic quilts!! Really great job.

Comment

I love making baby quilts. I generally don't make the "baby" designs so they can use them long after the baby stage. That being said, the "baby" ones really catch my attention & I generally ohh & ahh over them the most. Thanks for the weekly show of your beautiful work. I've enjoyed every day!

Comment

Wonder quilt show today, Katrina. You are awesome! Thank you for sharing. Gina

Comment

Thank you for taking the time this week to share your many beautiful creations! It has so inspired me.
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

Katrina ~ I'd like to know the name of the pattern of pic no. 2 with the various size blocks separated by the white strips? If you don't have a pattern, then what sizes are the blocks? Did you use honey bun strips for the white sashing?

Question 2 ~ I'm curious about the oval black & white pic hanging on the wall (upper left in pic #2). DH has 2 very old pics of his great grand parents in similar oval frames. The glass is rounded out on the front. One is a pic of his GGGF who was a blacksmith/farrier in the Civil War & shod the horses of Wild Bill Hickock & Buffalo Bill Cody. We used to only have his pic, but DH was able to get the matching pic of his wife before his aunt died. She had the pic stored in her bsmt. His GGGF lived to be 97 y.o. His favorite song was "O Happy Day."

Thanks again for sharing pics of your quilts.

Comment

Well, Joy, I thought the pattern for that quilt was in the Jolly Bar Book 1, but it isn't. I'll keep looking. It's probably from one of my fat quarter books.

The third quilt is from the Jolly Bar book 1 It's Seas the Day. The first one, the blocks are from the Tula Pink, 100 Modern blocks book. The last is Jenny's Falling Charms.

The picture is dark, but it's a picture my grandparents gave Grandma's oldest sister for a wedding gift. It's a floral that hung in Aunt Edith's house until her death. When Uncle Bynum was sorting out the estate, he saw where Grandma had given it to Edith and Wes and returned it to her. Mom received it because neither of her brothers wanted it. I got it from Mom.

On the other side of the house in the dining area, I have pictures of my great grandparents- Howard's grandmother and my grandfather were brother and sister. Their parents an a childhood picture of the two of them are hanging beside a poem I cross-stitched that my great grandfather wrote for his wife. On the other side of the way are my great grandparents that lived in TN, and a poem that was found in her Bible that I cross-stitched for Mom and Dad.

Katrina

Comment

102_0715.JPG The picture you asked about- straight on pictures had too much glare.

Joy, I found it! It was a free tutorial on line- http://www.abrightcorner.com/2017/01...al-reboot.html

I found that pattern on this site cute baby quilts! https://www.coralandco.com/free-baby...ns-to-sew.html
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by KPH; September 26, 2020, 04:56 PM.
                            Katrina

Comment

Karina ~ Thanks for the links. I printed off the Zoo Dwellers pattern. It should be quick & easy. I think I'll use honey bun strips rather than cutting 2" strips for the sashing. I bookmarked her website. There are many cute patterns there. Thanks also for the close-up of the oval wall pic. It's lovely.

Comment

Working...
                              X