In One Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In One Direction

This quilt is the first quilt I did almost completely from someone else's pattern. The pattern is called In One Direction and was created by Creek Side Stitches. Looking at their website it doesn't appear to be available any longer. I got it at my LQS along with a good bit of the fabric. The outer and inner borders were supposed to be the same, but I didn't have enough of the inner, so I used the fabric that I made the Churn Dash from, which I don't think looks bad at all. The final size was supposed to be 30x30, but mine ended up 38x38 because my FG were 3x6. The pattern writer also left the upper corners empty, but I didn't like the look, so I put the FG all the way around.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

I love this quilt, Rob. I’m in a FG frame of mind lately. Your fabrics look great together.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That turned out great, Rob.

Comment

That looks great, Rob!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Nice use of color and pattern. I like it.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I like it a lot! I think the fabric you choose was a good substitute. Nicely done!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I really like your first quilt. The colors are fantastic & flying geese have always been a favorite of mine. The outer & inner borders look great together. Everything seem to "tie" together nicely. Be sure to save that first quilt for yourself so you can always look back & see how far you've come.

Comment

Working...
              X