Sharing Quilts, Wednesday- KPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts, Wednesday- KPH

I have Bible Study in the morning, so just in case, I'm going to go ahead and post tonight.

Today, I decided to look at some of the panel quilts I've worked on over the years.

panel 10.jpg I don't have a picture of this one finished. It was gifted to a couple from church. Nathan, the dad, nicknamed me the quilt lady.

panel 8.jpg This was Zeke's Baby quilt.

panel 9.jpg This one is hanging in my sewing room. There's a lot of free motion quilting.

panel7.jpg One of Jonathan's quilts. There's a Christmas story somewhere that goes with it. lol, I wonder if Jim knows where that is!

panel 6.jpg Jim and Morgan's tree skirt that was in progress.

panel 3.jpg Mike's wolf quilt

Panel1.jpg Chuck's tiger quilt

panel 5.jpg Veggie Tales- One is Jonathan's the other's is Esther's
    panel 2.jpg

I guess I'm about paneled out... Have a great Wednesday (a little early).

Attached Files
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Love them all Katrina...lately I've been looking at my panels and just bought a couple disney thomas kincade ones. Love your collection!!

Comment

I really like the window pane panel, have been going to try that, afraid I will make a mistake cutting up good fabric, might try it on a panel I don't care for.
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Katrina, can you tell me about the snowball quilt? how many did you have to make?? Not sure I'd be as accurate as you were, I really like it!!
        Kathryn
        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Katrina! I just bought a couple of panels and was looking for ideas! 😀 The wolf quilt is stunning, I absolutely love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
            Katrina, can you tell me about the snowball quilt? how many did you have to make?? Not sure I'd be as accurate as you were, I really like it!!
            The Snowman quilt is just a straight panel. I did trapunto on that quilt for a 3D effect. The hungry caterpillar has a whole lot of flying geese blocks. I can't remember how many. I remember I never wanted to make another flying goose block by the time I was done.
            Katrina

Comment

Those are beautiful quilts and fun panel projects. The mountain view window pane looks a perfect spot to cool off from our FL sun. Always fun to know there is a story to go with the snowman quilt.

Comment

Okay with the beautiful life you brought to the panels, I can hear my panels now yelling..... hey you... come and make me beautiful! Yours are truly beautiful!

Comment

So impressed with your work. Thanks for sharing!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

The panels you used turned into some mighty beautiful quilts. I love those majestic mountains. Thanks so much for the show today.

Comment

Love the mountain scene and oh, love, love the Veggie Tales. Brings back memories of my grandson, Christopher, and I watching them together. I think I'll have the songs going through my mind all day now. 😍😂
                      Carlie

Comment

Your panel quilts are wonderful! Who knew you can do so much with panels. I have one Of the Earth that I hope to window pane some day. I love yours of the mountains. Great collection today. I had no idea you are such a prolific quilter, Kat. Thank you.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I knew I'd find it... https://www.writing.com/main/view_it...-The-Magic-Box lol, at least I think that's the right story!
                          Katrina

Comment

Katrina ~ I love all your panel quilts. I've made many, too. I never thought of adding to a panel on just one side like in the first picture. I've added on all sides to my panels. So many of the panels now are only 24" wide, they need something to make them big enough for a crib size (or larger), which most of my baby quilts were. I still have panels in my stash that need to be made up into a finished quilt. Some are kids' fabrics, but I have some scenery ones, too. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Katrina, you are a panel expert that's for sure. Really like the wolf & always love snowmen. Thanks for sharing. Gina

Comment

Working...
                              X