Mackinac Island Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mackinac Island Quilt

I call this Mackinac Island because of the fabric line I used. My other title is Boxes in Boxes. It was supposed to be 4 rows by 4 rows, but I didn't have enough fabric. This is a departure from Civil War-related quilts for me, but I needed a break.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Variety is the spice of life! I love the colors!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Rob ~ That's a Broncos quilt -- orange & blue!

Bonnie Hunter held a quilting retreat on Mackinac Island. It was held at that old Grand Hotel. I think she had one quilt that the class made during the retreat. Not sure of the title, but it was all beautiful blues. She posted a lot of pics of the Island on her blog. The water was so beautiful. I visited that island once many moons ago (maybe 1970 or 71). It's a wonderful place to visit.

You're on a roll -- really cranking out those quilts. Way to go!

Comment

I don't know Joy, it's possible that somewhere I had a hidden influence since Mike Shanahan and I are both alumni of Eastern Illinois University, although he ended up having a better career than I seemed to have (at least far more lucrative).

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I love the colors in your quilt.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

eager-smiley-emoticon.gif The colors do go together well. I like it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
              I call this Mackinac Island because of the fabric line I used. My other title is Boxes in Boxes. It was supposed to be 4 rows by 4 rows, but I didn't have enough fabric. This is a departure from Civil War-related quilts for me, but I needed a break.

Rob
              Thanks Rob, now I want to take a drive up to Door County and go to Mackinac Island before it gets too cold to enjoy the trip......maybe next week I can talk DH into taking a few days off work.
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Nice quilt!! Love those colours and well done on your square matching! You have been busy!!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                X