Sharing Quilts Sunday Rhonda K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Sunday Rhonda K

Across the miles, we share the our quilts, our smiles, and our tears. Today, I am thankful for all your kind comments and encouragement. This was the quilt from my Granny when DH and I were married. She stitched each stitch by hand and tied the blocks.

Sunday vintage pic 2.jpg

Granny made beautiful projects with her tatting. She would tat by the hours hardly looking at her hands or the shuttle. I loved the pretty threads and playing in the button box.

Sunday vintage pic 1.jpg

This was a another class project making a mitered border pillow. It went together different than expected as the border was sewn onto the backing first. Then attached to the front with the piping.

Sunday Flange pillow pic 1.jpg

The finished pillow. Our instructor includes the fabric kits for our class.

Sunday Flange pillow pic 2.jpg

One of the best things about sewing and quilting is making projects for the grand-children. My little guy loves barns and animals so I made him a bag to carry his toy horses.

Sunday Barn pic 5.jpg

Barn animals for the lining.

Sunday Barn pic 6.jpg

A few place-mats for meal time fun!

Sunday Dino mats pic 5.jpg

We love our beach time!

Sunday pic 4.jpg

Last picture to share with you was made by my sweet MIL. She loved making her needle point and cross stitch projects. This one used special threads and tiny glass beads for accents. This one has a special place in my heart and hangs in my sewing room.

Sunday mermaid.jpg

I hope the pictures this week have brightened your day. In this time of isolation, the Quilt Sharing post is a wonderful idea. I can't wait to see the next quilter's post starting tomorrow.

Thank you, Rhonda for another day of your beautiful projects. I think I can speak for everyone that your time here has been encouraging and inspiring. Be blessed.

Starting tomorrow our next member to share will be Katrina (KPH). She has made some great quilts and wall/door hangings. I look forward to seeing everything!
    Last edited by Bubby; September 20, 2020, 09:51 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful projects!. Love the mermaid and the fun placemats.
      Carlie

Comment

Amazing work! Since I started quilting, I found out I am the fourth generation quilter in my mother's family. I wish I had something from my great-grandmother to show. Your projects are beautiful.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Beautiful!! So glad to see you have things from the past. I'm the first quilter in my family but my grandmother did crochet and I have projects! I tresure them. Great sharing day! Love your projects!

Comment

Wow!! Beautiful! Talented folks in your family Rhonda. How special all of those are! That barn is adorable. Your Granny's quilt by hand...extra special!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! šŸ˜

Comment

Thank you for sharing your quilts and snippets of your life.

Comment

It's been wonderful seeing your beautiful works of love and art. You're a hard act to follow!
                Katrina
                ā€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.ā€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks Rhonda for this wonderful week, your works has been beautiful and with some fantastic stories, your grandmotherĀ“s quilt is a wonderful treasure and that barn bag is incredible

Comment

Working...
                  X