Sharing Quilts Friday Rhonda K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Friday Rhonda K

Today is Show n Tell Friday. It was always a favorite day in grade school when we could share our stories with classmates. I hope you like these little projects today.

First up is Mr. Gobbler. This was a fun class where we traded fabrics back and forth. Oh, I like that one. We made the dresden pieces and then it was time to sew them together. Guess, I wasn't paying attention. I asked my dear friend if this was the right way to sew them? She glanced over and said yes, so I proceeded. Um, Mr. Gobbler was in a "U" shape. After a fit of giggles and a teacher with a fast ripper he came to life.

Friday Turkey pic 1.jpg

Next is a back-pack bag. I quilted the fabric on the embroidery machine first and cut the pattern. Now I just need a travel destination to wear it. Where would you like to go?

Friday back pack pic 1.jpg

This was a UFO for a long time I found when going through my projects. So I decided to finish it so I could show it to you and not have to say it's a UFO. I keep a small bookmark of the same verse to remind me that I am never alone.

Friday FP in the sand pic 1.jpg

I always use a water soluble topping when embroidering letters. It keeps the letters from sinking into the fabric. This one called for flange binding to accent the edges. Here is the backing fabric that I quilted with one piece of batting. Then fused the front and back with misty fuse to hold them together. I even added a sleeve for hanging.

Friday FP in the sand backing pic 2.jpg
    This is a scrappy table runner made with left over batiks. I love prairie points and wanted to practice. It was all sewn together and then quilted in the hoop using a free motion embroidery design.

Here is the inspiration video. I have learned so may tips from her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJenRhhbi4A

Friday Table Runner with Prairie points.jpg

These are happy little guys and fun to make on the embroidery machine.

Friday Santa TR pic 1.jpg
    I added ric rac under the binding for a fun accent.

Friday Santa TR pic 2.jpg

Finally, what is a Friday without Flamingos?

Friday Flamingo.jpg

The left wall-hanging is applique with a flange binding. The right table runner was made with scraps and embroidery machine. I use this one under my machine. I hope you like these small yet fun projects!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Rhonda K; September 18, 2020, 08:57 AM.

Beautiful projects today! I see you are a Sweet Pea fan also. I have several of the Santa’s made for a runner.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

All of your projects are darling, specially the turkey and Santas. You make me regret selling my embroidery machine.

Comment

Enjoyed them all!

Comment

Great projects!! I havd a turkey too lol I also made a quilt. The Santas are darling!!

Comment

Rhonda,

We bought the Dresden plate die so Cheryl could make a Thanksgiving turkey runner. With everything else going on this year I can't see it getting done until next year. Love all your projects!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Great projects. Love all of them!!!

Comment

Beautiful work! I wouldn't know how to pick a favorite, they're all so pretty!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What fun projects. Love them all! I'm a fan of the Footprints poem.

Comment

Loved seeing all your projects! When I saw your Santa's I chuckled, another Sweet Pea fan! Still have to stitch mine out.
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thanks for sharing Rhonda. Those are wonderful! I especially love the dresden turkey!
                      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                      X