Forum Retreat Charity Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Retreat Charity Quilt

We had our first forum retreat in October 2013. We attempted to put together a group project that year, a Quilt of Valor quilt, but with only 13 attendees, only a few blocks got completed. I brought the project back in 2014, but still not enough blocks made for a whole quilt. Several wonderful generous attendees in future retreats ‘15-‘18 organized the making of the charity quilt and brought it to successful completion. I was determined to get a QOV made, and in ‘19, I was inspired by Jenny’s Night Sky tutorial to figure out a way to create our QOV using that pattern. Instead of each person making a block or two, since this quilt basically has only 9 blocks, i assigned tasks, once your task was completed, you were finished. Some made the HST blocks, some cut and squared them, some arranged the blocks and sewed them and some put the blocks together. I put the borders on. KarenC volunteered to quilt it on her longarm for us and here It is, beautifully quilted and bound. Unfortunately we won’t be getting together to see it in person, but here it is, flying free on my front porch for my neighbors to enjoy. Great job, Forum members!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

That came out great! Nice job, all.

Comment

Great work, everyone!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great work!!

Comment

What a wonderful quilt. The backing is cool too. I always wondered what you do with these, who does it go to?
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

It was a fun quilt to work on. Thanks for sharing Jean.

Comment

Many hands made the quilt come together quickly. It was fun to ask one another what "part" they were working on. Thanks to everyone, Jean vision and KarenC's completion it came out beautifully.

Comment

Great job, congratulations to all who have participated in the making of this fantastic quilt

Comment

Great job, it is beautiful.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Just lovely! I hope to go on a forum retreat one day. That would be so much fun!
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

It's a beautiful quilt made with loving hands. QOV are always such striking quilts that make us pause and remember our veterans. Thanks for showing it on display!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        What a wonderful quilt. The backing is cool too. I always wondered what you do with these, who does it go to?
                        They forum retreat charity quilts go to different groups. The years that I have attended we would vote/agree on the organization to donate to each year.

Comment

Working...
                        X