Blue and Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue and Gray

Finished the Blue and Gray quilt just now. I almost thought I was going to have to surrender because of the border. When I buy fabric, I usually buy 1/4 more than the pattern calls for just to be safe. I did that for this, but didn't figure in the fact that since I decided not to put the cornerstones on, I would need a little more fabric. This morning in an attempt to practice on my squares, I cut some of this that I had left over (not much more than maybe 1/8 of a yard if that). When I got to sewing the border together, it dawned on me that I might not have enough fabric. Luckily, I had about six inches left! Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it, but it definitely was a learning experience. On to the next one!

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Great job on the quilt design and the finish! You certainly move fast from your ideas to the finish line.

Comment

It's beautiful! You do such nice work, from design to finish.
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Good job. You sure finished that is a short amount of time. It looks like you're doing great with you piecing & nesting seams.

Comment

Great job Rob! That was quick and it looks absolutely wonderful! Love the colour choices and your piecing looks very aligned!
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

The Daily Deal today is a French General jelly roll. Thought you might be interested since you have been using French General. Seems like a good price!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
            X