Sharing Quilts Tuesday Rhonda K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Tuesday Rhonda K

Good morning to all. It's another fun day of quilt sharing with you.

I am fortunate to take classes at our LQS with a fabulous teacher that does AccuQuilt projects each month with us. This one the teacher added the stippling around the applique. I wasn't in love my blocks until I found the sashing and border fabric in colors to work with the the sashing around the blocks. The quilting in the sashing strips and borders was done on the embroidery machine.

Tuesday pic 6.jpg
    Tuesday pic 7.jpg
    I had to use cow fabric for the cow!

Tuesday pic 8.jpg

Little critters for the backing fabric.

This one is also from a class and quilted ITH (in the hoop.) The instructor has the dies for us to use and helps with cutting the pieces. It is always fun to see different fabrics from students for the same quilt pattern. The embroidery designs match the applique shapes so it's easy to stitch them when making the blocks.

Tuesday pic 9.jpg

Of course, the backing fabric with all those fun little creatures to match!

Tuesday pic 10.jpg

This was a table topper project made in another class. We cut the applique shapes and made the runner. Instead of traditional applique stitching, I was able to match the placement of the embroidery designs onto the umbrellas.

Tuesday pic 11.jpg

Tuesday pic 12.jpg

Last ones for today. This was another class project we did last year. Again, we used embroidery designs for applique around the shapes. For some reason, the layered sandwich is saggy. I may add some more quilting to the blocks later just to see if they can be quilted out. It has mitered borders and a flange binding. The borders were quilted on the embroidery machine which calculates the stitching pattern and tells me when to re-hoop. The backing is glow-in the dark.

Tuesday pic 13.jpg

Tuesday pic 14.jpg

This little guy says "Happy Fall". I hope your day is filled with sunshine and love!

Tuesday pic 15.jpg

Just beautiful!! You are blessed to live close to a quilt shop with good teachers. Thanks for sharing today.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I agree with Barb. I think if I would be able to take some classes, I could improve my skills. With COVID, nothing is going on now. Your quilts, as always, are beautiful.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

The first quilt is so very cute. I love all the little characters. I love the idea of the umbrellas for a table runner, too.
        Carlie

Comment

Oh RhondaK i wish you lived by me. I have that first die. I know my machine is capable of all of thos but need instruction! Just beautiful projects!!

Comment

Such beautiful work! My favorite is the table runner. It's so cheerful!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Beautiful quilts. Love the umbrellas. Thanks for sharing. Gina

Comment

Lovely projects. I was disappointed I couldn't enlarge the pics for a closer look at your fine work. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Those umbrellas are so cute!! Nicely done quilts!
                  Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

So glad you are able to take classes & then share the beautiful results with us. This was a great day of sharing with us.

Comment

Working...
                    X