Future Quilter.. Abby's first quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Quilter.. Abby's first quilt

Abby completed her first quilt top tonight. It's yellow brick road pattern, I did the first cuts for her but the rest is all her. I taught her to use fork pins to match seams. She used a fat quarter pack from a halloween moda line. It had a lot of directional prints so she learned from that as well.

She's super excited...she wants a black border and minky for the back. I told her we'd probably have to order the black. She wants to look local anyway.

Glad out of five kids one sews, 20200914_224912.jpg yay!

Wow. So cute. She did a great job, I love it.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

That turned out so cute! It’s a wonderful first quilt.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Awesome, and she had a great teacher as well.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Totally adorable!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great job Abby, I hope you never loose the delight of making something. Sewing brings many pleasures and comforts as well.
            Kathryn
            Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

Congratulations Abby, you made a wonderful quilt. Great fabrics, pattern and the sewing looks great. You should be so thrilled, Mom. She wants to go shop for fabric?- she’s a quilter!

Comment

Abby your first quilt is beautiful. So glad to have you in the quilting world!!!

Comment

She did a fantastic job! Having a great teacher helped, but she obviously has talent and a great eye.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Congratulations to Abby! Your first quilt is adorable. You are so wise to choose those fabrics. They bring smiles!

Congratulations to Mom, you must be "sew" proud!

Comment

Abby did a beautiful job! You taught her well and I hope you have many hours enjoying sewing together.

Comment

Abby did such a great job on her first quilt. I wish my first quilt had looked that good. She has a great teacher & so glad she enjoyed making the quilt. I look forward to seeing many more from her.

Comment

She did a great job! Hard to believe it's her first quilt.
                          I just finished a Yellow Brick Road in fall colours and backed it with green flannel. The only problem I had is that the flannel bled onto my sewing machine bed. I even pre-washed it too!
                          Maria

Comment

Wow! Nice job Abby...and Rachel! That's a great looking quilt...especially for a first one. Love it!
                            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
                              She did a great job! Hard to believe it's her first quilt.
                              I just finished a Yellow Brick Road in fall colours and backed it with green flannel. The only problem I had is that the flannel bled onto my sewing machine bed. I even pre-washed it too!
                              Wow soo sorry. I've never had that happen. I don't prewash though. I'm at a loss for words.

Comment

Working...
                              X