Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Quilts Monday Rhonda K

Good morning Quilters & Stitchers!

Thanks Bubby for the invite to share our projects and quilts. I am thankful to be a member with each of you and follow your amazing quilts. I started sewing again in 2014 and made a few home dec projects. Then learned about embroidery machines. I never knew they could do that. It took about 6 months of demos at the LQS but I finally bought a baby lock and then was too afraid to turn it on.

My day starts in my sewing room. I made these little valances and fussy cut the birds. I never knew it was a technique.

Monday pic 1.jpg

This was one of my first embroidery projects in class at the LQS. Each block is embroidered as a background and then joined. Sashing is added to cover the joins. The fabric was chosen to look like old lattice.

Monday pic 2.jpg

It's been fun to look at early projects. Look at this binding. At least the front looks good. I never knew.

Monday pic 4 IMG_1337.jpg

Here is a recent quit for DGS. It is at the LQS waiting it's turn. There will be quilting in the sashing and borders.

Monda pic 9 IMG_1255.jpg

A couple of RWB projects to use for the holidays. The square topper was quilted on the embroidery machine called in the hoop (ITH). The strip runner is a MSQC pattern and I used embroidery designs to add the stars and quilt.

Monda pic 10 IMG_1297.jpg

Monday RWB pic 8 IMG_1261.jpgMonday RWB pic 7 IMG_1262.jpg

Happy Monday!

Wow, the embroidery is really great. I have a friend who did some cardinal dishtowels on her embroidery machine. I'm not sure if she still has it though as that was years ago and she has two girls that have heart issues (many surgeries each) since she got the machine. I love the dinosaur quilt. I'm thinking that one will be well loved!
    Carlie

Comment

Your projects are so pretty and full of life. Nice collection to start off the week!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great collection RondaK love them!!

Comment

Great quilts thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more of your work this week!!!

Comment

Your projects look great! Love you Patriotic quilt. I too love my embroidery machine I was amazed at all the things it can do
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Really nice quilts and I love your valance. Is that a Pate/Meadows pattern? Those talented girls are from Birmingham Al and we were in a drapery group together.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It's fun to share and I hope you'll like some of the projects and posts this week.

Claire, yes, you're correct. The flower brackets are their items also. I love their patterns and blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
                  Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It's fun to share and I hope you'll like some of the projects and posts this week.

Claire, yes, you're correct. The flower brackets are their items also. I love their patterns and blog.
                  They are both really sweet ladies, I miss them since I have stopped the drapery business.

Comment

Just proves with the proper machine and an abundance of talent, anything is possible. Great start to the week!

Rob
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

Rhonda, Getting my nerve up to start FMQ & trying not to freak out over learning to use my new embroidery machine. Your quilts are wonderful. You inspire me to dust off my new embroidery machine. Gina

Comment

amazing work. Forum members are my ultimate people to look up to to see how I should have done it. Yours are great.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

What adorable job I like all but dinosaurs I love them.

Comment

WOW so beautiful.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thay embroidery is stunning! I think my fave here is the red, white and blue one. Rhonda...you are motivating me to quilt!
                              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                              X