Blue and Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue and Gray

This is the in-progress photo of my Blue and Gray quilt. The pattern came from The Big Book of Civil War Quilts. The border will be a deep blue (Nancy's Needle line) that I think will set the interior off. For something that is a very simple color scheme, I like how the colors work together and contrast at the same time. I'm also using glue pens, so I haven't had any issues with fabric shifting. What's more, most of the points on the larger nine patch meet! (Don't get too cocky, Rob)

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Looks great so far Rob! I am loving your colour choices. I personally like a simple and soft colour scheme. I agree. They work well together. They make the red in the crosses pop. I have not tried glue pens. What do you do? Just put glue on the edge of the fabric before putting the two pieces together? Do you need a special kind of glue stick?
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I use a Fons and Porter glue pen, but my local LQS has Dritz and I think Bohin. Basically you just smear the glue on the seam. To be honest, I still use pins just as insurance, but I think the glue would likely hold without them. Here is a video telling about them

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBHXl4VrII
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Looks great!! The color combo is really pleasing!

Comment

I don’t glue but I use pins occasionally. I just line up my edges and sew using a walking foot.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oohh, I really like this, Rob! Those fabric choices are perfect, and I agree with you that a deep blue border will be very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Comment

Working...
            X