Quilt Sharing...Day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing...Day 5

Good Morning/Afternoon. I'm in TX and slept in. Sorry for the later reply. Here's some oldies but goodies!! On with the show!

First, I did this quilt for my granddaughter. It's reversible pink minnie on one side and red on the other. I mixed cotton and flannels. Scalloped the edges.

image_107970.jpgimage_107969.jpg

Next, a scrap quilt. This was a 21/2 inch square swap. Abby stole this one as well...I think she's a quilt hoarder...lol. My son Brandon peeking over the top.

image_31037.jpg
    These three are memory quilts, all on my mothers side. My grandmother, uncle and cousin. My grandma and Uncle was due to illness, my cousin was 46 due to alcoholism. each was a special person. I made my grandmothers for my mom...blue, my uncle for my aunt ...pastels, and my cousin for my aunt, my moms sister..red ..sorry its sideways.

image_27504.jpgimage_27500.jpgimage_82045.jpg

Next, I made this for my oldest daughter for her 18th birthday, shes 26 now. She put it on the wall for years...took me forever to convince her to use it please!!!
    image_101484.jpg
    image_16551.jpg
    Attached Files

Wow!! So many beautiful quilts! I love how your kids love and appreciate the quilts you've made for them. It's heartwarming. Makes me smile. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

You are so talented! Each day has been an adventure.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Love them. It is great how your kids appreciate them. My daughter appreciates hers and so does her hubby and kids. And they have gotten tons of quilts because my daughter quilts as does her mother-in-law so they are in sore need of a quilt ladder I think.
        Carlie

Comment

These are all such special quilts. I especially like the memory quilts. Thank you...
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks again for sharing all your wonderful quilts. I hope we can keep this going for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlieBlilie View Post
              Love them. It is great how your kids appreciate them. My daughter appreciates hers and so does her hubby and kids. And they have gotten tons of quilts because my daughter quilts as does her mother-in-law so they are in sore need of a quilt ladder I think.
              I was lucky enough to find a fantastic ladder at flea market. $25 made super well!! Thanks! I think when kids grow up with seeing the work put in they have a different appreciation.

Comment

Rachel, each of your quilts is a work of beauty! I love the Flip Flop quilt. It brought back memories of my dear friend Sherry. She had a notebook filled with quilts she wanted made. One was a flip flop quilt for her brother. Melinda is still working on those quilts for her. I've asked to help, but she says no. I think it's helping her deal with Sherry's loss.

My oldest son started quilt ladders. They're together and need sanding and painting. I guess with him leaving tomorrow- I'll be taking them out with the bulk trash in a couple of weeks. I can't deal with the dust from sanding and Mike's NOT going to do wood work (according to him). I'll be out $30 for the wasted wood.
                Katrina
                โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                  Rachel, each of your quilts is a work of beauty! I love the Flip Flop quilt. It brought back memories of my dear friend Sherry. She had a notebook filled with quilts she wanted made. One was a flip flop quilt for her brother. Melinda is still working on those quilts for her. I've asked to help, but she says no. I think it's helping her deal with Sherry's loss.

My oldest son started quilt ladders. They're together and need sanding and painting. I guess with him leaving tomorrow- I'll be taking them out with the bulk trash in a couple of weeks. I can't deal with the dust from sanding and Mike's NOT going to do wood work (according to him). I'll be out $30 for the wasted wood.
                  Oh, you should put them on offer up, someone I bet would welcome the materials!! Thanks for your compliments. I saw the flip flop design in magazine. They used suns instead of flip flops. I liked the gradual effect of the color blocks. I do that a lot...modify a pattern I see and run with it

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post

Katrina, don't rush it to the trash too fast. You never know when he may be back. The fantasy may disappear without his support system.

Comment

Beautiful! I had to smile at the flip-flops. Since we take ours off in the house I would be worried that it would turn into a rug over here. lol
                      ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I love the flip flop quilt! So much fun!

Comment

Your memory quilts really are nice! Including all the photos makes them extra special to the recipients. The flip flops quilt is fabulous with the way you did the gradual colors, making it look like the ocean. Your scrappy quilt reminded me that I have a lot of 2" or 2.5" squares somewhere. I had a whole lot of small blue scraps and white scraps and intended to make a postage stamp quilt. Someday...
                          Thanks for sharing photos of all your quilts!
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

All of your quilts today have been great! I especially like the flip flop one.
                            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                            X