Quilt Sharing ...Day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing ...Day 5

Good morning!! Happy Friday!! Thanks for all you compliments and kindness! This forum really is a blessing through these crazy times. On with the show...

First is a monster lol I did this one a couple years ago for Abby when she changed her room theme. The problem, the backing. I've bought for it, pieced it a couple times and hated it. So now I'm just going to buy an extra wide. She's just like " mom, I don't care what's on the back. Can you finish it please?"

20200904_081857.jpg

Next, I originally made this as a going away present for a coworker. They left I requested their address, they never sent it so here it is. I have a lot of relatives in FL so someone will get it!! Its done in university of fl colors with their logo.

20200904_082530.jpg20200904_082539.jpg
    Next, I love modas Paris line. I had the darker prints and combined them with moda muslin and fat quarters. This is a Terry Adkins pattern.

20200904_082310.jpg
    Last is a falling charms! I have a small section that I'm finishing up hand sewing the binding. I find I really like color way quilts. I did minimal quilting of flowers and leaves as I wanted it to have a cozy soft drape. My family tends to take quilts, I don't mind lol so we'll see where this one goes!

20200904_082919.jpg

Another day of beautiful quilts! Thank you.... I love the Paris line also.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I can see why your daughter wants her quilt finished. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing all your tops
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

Great work, Rachael. Gina

Comment

Blue and yellow is my favorite color combination. That quilt is spectacular, as are all the others!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Great quilt showing today. I like the versatility of your quilts.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

They're all beautiful works of art!

I can't imagine someone not furnishing an address for a quilt. It's an 'oh well' situation, I guess. One day, it's new home will reveal itself to you.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful quilts again. I'm partial to the red and black as red is my favorite color but I like the falling charms. I'll be keeping that one in mind down the road.
                Carlie

Comment

Fabulous quilts and fabric colors. You have the best stash for all those quilts! This has been so fun to peek in each day and see what you are posting for the day. Thank you for brightening our day!

Comment

More beauties today. Thank you so much for taking the time to pull out pictures of old & new quilts for us to see.

Comment

Thanks so much for all your wonderfull compliments!! It has made my day!! Its so easy to get addicted to fabric.

Comment

Probably most people here are addicted to fabric! Quilting is an addictive hobby, but oh so fun! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful quilts.

Comment

Working...
                        X