Regiments on Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regiments on Parade

Finished up the piecing for the main part of the Regiments on Parade quilt last night. The first two rows went together just fine, with the cornerstones generally matching OK. The last two had to be torn apart, because for a reason I still can't figure out, they were off. Luckily, Cheryl was here to help me as I had grown pretty disgusted with it (and myself). I have to put the border on, which will likely happen today. Not sure what the next project will be. Since I'm still tweaking the Lincoln quilt, it won't be that one.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

You should be proud of this quilt, Rob. You did a very good job!! The border will set the blocks off and the quilting will bring everything to life and you will be thrilled with it.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Every quilt has their own learning curve. I think you're doing great!

Sometimes those frustration moments are your brain telling you - you need a break. Take a time, walk away, and look at it with fresh eyes in the morning.
      Katrina
      β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That looks great! Trust and believe we have all been there. Walk away, do not angry sew lol your mistakes will multiply. Fantastic job!!

Comment

Ha! Angry Sew. I like that. "I don't know what happened, officer. All of a sudden he jumped out of the bushes with a seam ripper in his hand! It was terrible!"

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
            Ha! Angry Sew. I like that. "I don't know what happened, officer. All of a sudden he jumped out of the bushes with a seam ripper in his hand! It was terrible!"

Rob
            Ha! Too funny. Your quilt top looks great to me Rob. I love the warm colours.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

We are almost always our worst critic. Take it easy. Quilting should be fun, relaxing and enjoyable. Rome wasn't built in a day the saying goes.
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

I really like the name for this quilt. It explains it so well.

Frustration comes in many forms. Try garment sewing, if you cut something the wrong way, like trimming before you try it on, it's for certain going into some sort of bin. lol
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Just got the border attached. I have to say it looks much better than I anticipated. There is one spot on the quilt that I didn't notice until last night, but decided to just let it be. On the second row of blocks at the very bottom look at the far right side next to the sashing. The fabric is backward. Unless you look at it closely, it's hard to tell, but it is what it is.

Thanks for all the comments!

Rob
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Looks wonderful and I couldn't tell.πŸ‘

I got nosey and looked at your book collection. You really are a Lincoln aficionado. Very impressive!
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have a library program that I put all my books in (in fact, it's called All My Books) and as of today I have 431 books on Lincoln and another 470 on the Civil War. No, I haven't read them all.πŸ˜€

Rob
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                      X