Quilt Sharing....Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing....Day 4

Hi and Happy Thursday!! Today I'm going to share finished quilts, I do have more tops to share but I wanted to share I have finished many quilts as well. Please excuse picture quality as most of these are given away so I took pictures at the time they were finished. Thanks for taking the time to look!! On to the show.

First, in 2014 my first and only granddaughter to date was born to my oldest daughter. Rosalynn. Oh I have spoiled this little. Of course I had to make her a quilt, I used a flannel charm pack and double layers of batting so it could be on the floor and cushioned. I also tried scalloped edges for the first time using Eleanor burns ruler.
    20200902_161509.jpg Next this was one of my first quilts for my oldest daughter, of course by the time it quilted she was not into pink. My youngest took it lol I do love log cabins. Now I would have picked a different layout. I used eleanor burns method for this. One lesson I did learn with this one you can scorch white fabric with iron.
    20200902_161403.jpg
    Next is a super busy quilt made for one of my twin boys Brandon ..I call him Bubba. He's been into the military since he was little and both sides have strong military roots. He's in the OK national guard now. This quilt used an Army line of fabric with a matching print of green with stars and my ex husband still had his BDUs, so I cut them up and they are the alternate blocks.
    10848917_1427809647482073_2637127375854677760_o.jpg
    Next is a rag quilt. I used the accuquilt to precut the squares. These are not my favorite as I don't think they have that soft body a quilt has. It was for Abby my youngest.

10835007_1427810130815358_4231664909246375222_o.jpg Next is another quilt for Abby, I used a pattern from moda bake shop. I had access to a friends long arm in Germany so this one i did use a pano on. I learned with this one...I combined fleece and cotton on the back...what a bugger.

10452927_1427810847481953_2191755951770314914_o.jpg

Next, the wolf quilt. I started this one originally for my sister. Not sure why I ended up keeping it...but I have it. I learned looking at a pattern in a magazine and trying to do your own colorway doesn't always flow right. All in all it's a giant comfy quilt.

10855157_1427810760815295_7278131283535731790_o.jpg
    Next is remember previously I had said I would take a quilt to the hospital to finish the binding to visit my Dad? This quilt was a mystery quilt and I still don't get the outcome but it's with my Dad at his house. The pic was taken in the hospital.
    21457299_1830172827245751_2540741635673837762_o.jpg
    Last quilt, I started with a baby quilt and will end with another for Rosa. When she was a toddler she loved everything princess. I made her this quilt and backed it with minkie! 21457599_1831550150441352_858930994182440164_o.jpg

They are just lovely. I particularly like the first and the last. It seems I gravitate to pastels.
    Carlie

Comment

They are awesome, the pinks are so pretty.

Comment

The pinks are so happy and pretty. This is a beautiful collection today! Thank you.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Of all the styles of quilts I have to say the rag quilt is my least favorite, but yours is amazing! I guess it's the "ragginess" (if that's such a word) that I don't like, but maybe its your color choice that makes it work. Cheryl has the Accuquilt rag die and made one, but it didn't turn out quilt like yours. All the other quilts are also spectacular.

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Thanks for the quilt show. I like the scalloped border on the first quilt. I still haven't tried one of those. It's a nice collection of quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
              Thanks for the quilt show. I like the scalloped border on the first quilt. I still haven't tried one of those. It's a nice collection of quilts.
              Eleanor Burns tool is super friendly!! I've used it a few times now. I think it's worth it on sale of course!!

Comment

Great quilts, Rachael.. Love the scalloped border. Gina

Comment

What great quilts (and so many). I love the stories you told about each one. I've made one rag quilt in my life & it was very heavy but turned out great. I love the pink, star baby quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

More amazing quilts! I haven't tried a scalloped edge yet but I have the ruler to do it.......for quite a few years. LOL I used that same line of princess fabric for our granddaughter Lily.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
                      More amazing quilts! I haven't tried a scalloped edge yet but I have the ruler to do it.......for quite a few years. LOL I used that same line of princess fabric for our granddaughter Lily.
                      Awe I'd love to see it. I love baby and kid quilts ...the prints are so cute!! I'm hoarding a ole time little rascal charm pack!

Comment

All beautiful! I haven't ever done scallops, either. Yours are perfect!
                        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Beautiful and adorable quilts that show your imagination and creativity. I love the baby quilt with the scalloped borders. Thanks for showing them.

Comment

What a nice collection. I think my fave is the army one, I am drawn to simple patterns. That wolf one would be perfect to cuddle up with in front of a fire in a cabin in the woods up north, I can just picture it! I love pink too and it always feels like such a happy color to work with. I have made a couple with that scalloped ruler, the first time I used it the instructions seemed backwards (can't remember why now) and I was a little afraid it wouldn't turn out but it did. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful work.

Comment

I am very much enjoying your quilt show! I also love the scalloped edge...and the pinwheels. The fabrics and colours you've chosen for each one are great.
                              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                              X