Quilt Sharing ...Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing ...Day 3

Happy Wednesday Everyone!! These are again a mix of tops...if you thought you had UFO's never fear...mine will make you feel better! I will be quilting up a storm this winter! How do you store your UFO's? Mine go on a hanger with the backing. On with the show....

First one is a Christmas panel quilt. If anyone saw my apron thread I made my 17 year old a matching apron and pot holder from the left overs. She will most likely take this quilt once its quilted!

20200902_081040.jpg
    Next, I'm the queen of over collecting fabric. One of my twins Kyle loves Halloween, I made him a Halloween quilt (not shown, he has it) but I had all these left over bricks so I made another quilt. I wanted to try prairie points as well so I added them.

20200902_081508.jpg20200902_081520.jpg

Next, when my youngest Abby was born last of 5 I went nuts with making her clothes and other stuff. I found this fabric on ebay and intended on making her stuff with it. As a true quilter I hordered it for years till she outgrew it. I decided to make a quilt with. Not sure who will get it yet. I love love toile prints.

20200902_082454.jpg20200902_082506.jpg

Next, I always wanted to try a braid quilt. I had this tattoo fabric...it's a little bit of a dark theme so I thought I'd put a soft touch on it. I bought a book..worst book and introductions ever!! Thank goodness I've been quilting for over 16 years so I got through it.

20200902_082103.jpg

Last quilt was made for my oldest son Zachary. It's the second quilt I've made him and I do need to get it quilted. Hopefully by Christmas.

20200902_082847.jpg

Once again, beautiful work. What I like about the toile quilt is that you don't over-complicate things. It's a simple layout, yet the design complements the Disney fabric very well. Well done!

In fact, all of them are well done.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

I love all of them, and really enjoy the stories that go with them, .thank you for sharing another wonderful day of quilts and stories

Comment

These are all great tops! You are a very versatile quilter, Rachel. I love the last one especially. I share your love of toile fabric. I try to work it in as often as possible.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love them all, especially the Christmas one! I had to look up toile to find out what it was because I really like the look of it.
          Carlie

Comment

Lot's of pretty things! I can relate to having fabrics since the girls were young. But my DD said don't go overboard making things for her dd because she has to much clothes already. Well poo on her. lol
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              Lot's of pretty things! I can relate to having fabrics since the girls were young. But my DD said don't go overboard making things for her dd because she has to much clothes already. Well poo on her. lol
              Lori, I would say the same thing! Nana's job is to go overboard!!

Comment

Beautiful quilts and never too many UFO projects. They will get done at some point. I love the story for each one. Isn't it fun to make things for your kids?

Thanks for the quilt show!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
                  Beautiful quilts and never too many UFO projects. They will get done at some point. I love the story for each one. Isn't it fun to make things for your kids?

Thanks for the quilt show!
                  Thanks Rhonda K! Yes I love making quilts for my kids. I love creating. I can't wait for the grand babies to come. I have one from my oldest and she's 6. My kids always tell me I better do for their kids like I've done for Rosa lol

Comment

Thanks again for sharing. Your piecing is excellent. Each one is special.

Comment

Beautiful quilts. And I love hearing the stories and thoughts behind each of them.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. Yes...hearing stories behind quilys is the best.
                        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                        X